When did Murvi go?

spospe

Guest Peter James
Problem_murvi - 2012-11-13 10:23 PM

Well there you go then. Thread was pulled! And there was me thinking its a free country I live in.

Why would this thread be taken down? I suggest Murvi didn't like what had to be said?

I too had some rather tasty remarks made about me here! Should I sue all for libel? Don't be silly. I'm a grown man! If people dont chose to listen to me thats their prerogative! Its a basic right we enjoy in this country called freedom of speech!

Im glad there was a discussion. For the thread to be pulled is Pretty poor really! The situation was real!

If potential customer are censored in this way makes me feel very uneasy. If wronged customers dont have a voice then where does that leave us? I will tell you where.... It leave shady manufactures free to continue acting the way they do.

Madness!

Think about it guys?

You've gone all quiet about this contract you were going to show us.

So I take it that Murvi did not guarantee June delivery after all.

Edit: I see BGD has beaten me to it - another of the many who has asked you to produce this contract your case is based on. Are you just going to continue ignoring us all?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Peter James - 2012-11-13 6:11 PM

pelmetman - 2012-11-13 5:51 PM

But I did reply and suggested he posted it on here 8-).....................maybe he did? :-S

A lot of people asked the a**hole to post the contract but he did not.

He was obviously incapable of reading and understanding the thread so presumably he never read or understood the contract either. I tactfully and diplomatically pointed out to him some of the things he had missed on the thread. Then I made another tactful and diplomatic post asking him to post the contract this morning, then I tried to make another post straight after that but it took me to the main forum because the thread had disappeared :-|

You also tactfully and diplomatically called him an a**hole. Hmm!

Problem_murvi - 2012-11-13 10:23 PMWell there you go then. Thread was pulled! And there was me thinking its a free country I live in. Why would this thread be taken down? I suggest Murvi didn't like what had to be said?I too had some rather tasty remarks made about me here! Should I sue all for libel? ...

Errr, you plainly libelled Murvi: that's the most likely reason. Other manufacturers and suppliers have been roundly criticised on here, but generally the case against them has been backed up with evidence, you know, that stuff that you don't have.

Were you by any chance influential in your relatives' chosen course of action, and are now trying to deflect a bit of guilt?

Let it go, you are doing yourself no favours.

Guest JudgeMental
crinklystarfish - 2012-11-14 9:27 AM
Problem_murvi - 2012-11-13 10:23 PMWell there you go then. Thread was pulled! And there was me thinking its a free country I live in. Why would this thread be taken down? I suggest Murvi didn't like what had to be said?I too had some rather tasty remarks made about me here! Should I sue all for libel? ...

Errr, you plainly libelled Murvi: that's the most likely reason. Other manufacturers and suppliers have been roundly criticised on here, but generally the case against them has been backed up with evidence, you know, that stuff that you don't have.

Were you by any chance influential in your relatives' chosen course of action, and are now trying to deflect a bit of guilt?

Let it go, you are doing yourself no favours.
I agree except for last sentence..This is a salutary tale of how not to go about purchasing a camperOP: your user name was and is designed to damage, and is stupid and vindictive, thread was always going to be pulled, entirely your own fault, so less of the free county baloney. if you had joined, with a normal name (something like moi's) and just kept to the facts, supplied some evidence, your mum would be better served.I still have a lot of sympathy, as I see how these slimy salesmen finesse people at shows, what happens when things go wrong is never discussed in the happy show atmosphere, and that is what has come back to bite you...naivety.the manufactures business model also responsible for your mums disappointment. They dont seem to have the confidence to order base models up front, so delivery wholly dependent on supply. No evidence of the "uniqueness" yet of mums base vehicle order. More BS I suspect, as I would think most want the same base spec vehicles more or less and I very much doubt mine differs from many others on here..So this built to order another red herring IMO. Fiat Techno high spec models now available also, so many will go for that in the future I suspectThe build also excruciatingly slow it seems. so all the ingredients there for something to go wrongWhy they decided to counter sue Mum and hit her with a £45000 claim, when mums claim was for £2000 I find heavy handed and astonishing. and I will tell you what I think..it was designed to frighten. Why could they not have the confidence to defend with evidence in court and let the judge decide...very strangeI wont go into the value and other shortcomings here. So hope your Mum gets something that suits...Lots of better value campers around but I would only buy what is in stock. these shoestring operations dont have the economy's of scale to offer value for money..the big boys do, they build a van in a few days for heavens sake.

Guest JudgeMental

Thunderbirds are GO! :D

Guest Peter James
JudgeMental - 2012-11-14 12:19 PM

Why they decided to counter sue Mum and hit her with a £45000 claim, when mums claim was for £2000 I find heavy handed and astonishing.

Doesn't take a bunch of lawyers long to run up a £45k bill.

Then there is the value of Murvis own time if they have to leave off building motorhomes to deal with all this.

But you digress again.

We are still waiting for Hutchby to produce the contract where he claims Murvi guaranteed a June delivery, and on which his whole case is based. But whenever we mention that he slithers back under his stone.

Guest pelmetman
Peter James - 2012-11-14 2:46 PM

We are still waiting for Hutchby to produce the contract where he claims Murvi guaranteed a June delivery, and on which his whole case is based. But whenever we mention that he slithers back under his stone.

He did pm me again this morning and asked how to post an attachment :-S...............I said scan it and then attach it via the add attachment button..............so maybe he's looking for a scanner ;-)

Guest JudgeMental

I do so wish this forum had an "ignore" button .. suppose I will have to continue averting my eyes from the moronic and cretinous contributions

Pelmet...to me he seems confident that what he is saying is correct...why else the court case..just need to see evidence for the doubting Thomas's.

I am very surprised by some of unreasonable attitudes displayed by some...

JudgeMental - 2012-11-14 12:19 PM

I still have a lot of sympathy, as I see how these slimy salesmen finesse people at shows,

I don't know who Judgemental has been dealing with, but it sounds most unpleasant.

( I wonder if it was one of those bigger organisations that he prefers ? )

If you would like to avoid salesmen like that I would recommend you visit the Murvi stand at shows where, in my experience, their sales staff are not even pushy.

:-|

Guest Peter James
malc d - 2012-11-14 3:18 PM

If you would like to avoid salesmen like that I would recommend you visit the Murvi stand at shows where, in my experience, their sales staff are not even pushy.

:-|

Or try Brownhills. I have walked round there or hours with nobody even speaking to me. (Not that I am complaining. I much prefer to be left alone to look for myself. If hassled by a salesman I would probably just walk away and go somewhere else)

Guest Peter James
JudgeMental - 2012-11-14 3:03 PM

I..to me he seems confident that what he is saying is correct.....

I accept he may be one of those people with a selective memory.

It certainly appeared so from his comments on the last thread.

And he certainly seems to keep forgetting being asked to post this contract his case is based on.

Guest Peter James
pelmetman - 2012-11-14 3:01 PM

Peter James - 2012-11-14 2:46 PM

He did pm me again this morning and asked how to post an attachment :-S...............I said scan it and then attach it via the add attachment button..............so maybe he's looking for a scanner ;-)

Well if he just copied it out it would be something.

At least then we could see where his contract differs from everybody else who has bought a van from Murvi *-)

Guest JudgeMental

I have seen the order and it clearly states,

order date: 21/10/2011

delivery date: July 2012

colour: Golden white (metallic gold) pretty common colour...

Simon excepts he has gone around this the wrong way.

No T & C was forthcoming, as manufacturer "allegedly" like to stay clear of jargon and keep things simple.(yeah until things go bosseyed)

quote:

"I must admit I'm weary posting contracts but here you go! A very vague contract but it does state the delivery date! I think legally it could have gone either way. ***** knew this. That's why they threatened to counter sue. Was all too much really. I suspect mother was indeed very naive when she ordered. She did it on her own. She wanted to stand on her own two feet after the passing of my father so yes she did get it rather wrong but boy did ***** take advantage of her greenness"

end quote:

Simon's Mum is an experienced motor homer of many years, they had a large Hymer and travelled extensively....Her husband passed under not very pleasant circumstances, and this was her attempt to stand on her own two feet and carry on with life......They are adamant she made it clear the van was needed for a specific summer holiday. She has purchased a VW so alls well that ends well

As far as I am concerned this is more or less exactly as I thought.....some of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

I dunno Eddie, I think you may have created a scenario in your head, got all worked up about it, and let sentimentality gloss over the actual facts.

I get it, it seems outrageous if the (now discredited) word of the OP is taken as fact: nobody in their right mind would want to see anyone take advantage of a lady in such a position.

The point is that no one did.

The lady, I suspect having being influenced by the OP, did not make the right choices when it became obvious that delay was inevitable through no fault of Murvi. The poor handling of the situation continues even now.

Getting past the sentimentality, and the wholly insubstantial assumptions and demented muck-slinging, it's cut-and-dried.

I feel sorry for the lady but there is not one jot of evidence that she was in any way subject to slimy sales patter, or unfair treatment at any point.

I suspect had the OP stayed out of things, she would be rather less stressed, not have lost any cash, and by now owned the 'van she first chose for a good couple of months.

She had no case, Murvi had a strong one, they also have a stronger one still for libel.

Guest JudgeMental

I've seen the order *-)

no addendum's, ifs or buts, or T&C's or "please read" on the order. neither is their any T&C's on ***** web site*-)

she signed for a specific delivery date.

...end off.... I'm out of here

What was the point of pulling the 1st thread? This one's just as damning. Big bully boys threatening to sue a lady pensioner. Whatever next?. Totally counter productive or what?.

JudgeMental - 2012-11-14 6:40 PM

I have seen the order and it clearly states,

order date: 21/10/2011

delivery date: July 2012

colour: Golden white (metallic gold) pretty common colour...

Simon excepts he has gone around this the wrong way.

No T & C was forthcoming, as manufacturer "allegedly" like to stay clear of jargon and keep things simple.(yeah until things go bosseyed)

quote:

"I must admit I'm weary posting contracts but here you go! A very vague contract but it does state the delivery date! I think legally it could have gone either way. ***** knew this. That's why they threatened to counter sue. Was all too much really. I suspect mother was indeed very naive when she ordered. She did it on her own. She wanted to stand on her own two feet after the passing of my father so yes she did get it rather wrong but boy did ***** take advantage of her greenness"

end quote:

Simon's Mum is an experienced motor homer of many years, they had a large Hymer and travelled extensively....Her husband passed under not very pleasant circumstances, and this was her attempt to stand on her own two feet and carry on with life......They are adamant she made it clear the van was needed for a specific summer holiday. She has purchased a VW so alls well that ends well

As far as I am concerned this is more or less exactly as I thought.....some of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Some should be ashamed but probably wont be.

And there you go.... So now I guess I need to ****** all words out!

So yes Mother has a VW van now that she is delighted with. Here summer touring was saved and she ended up with a far better Van. She had a small problem with the engine. The company she purchased it from sorted it straight away and got her up and running again very soon. After the after sales care from ****** I doubt she would have worried to much. ****** were about to take 50 grand off here. She is happy now and has put it down to experience. I would just like as many people as possible to know about this experience. Hindsight is a rather wonderful thing. Of course if we had known then what we knew now then we would have acted very different. The whole point of this is so this does not happen to others. Believe it or not Im trying to help people here.

If that makes me an A**e hole then I will sleep soundly tonight safe in this knowledge. I wonder if said man would say that to my face? Libel? I doubt it! Everything I am saying is the truth! ***** should have been 100% transparent with us when they knew about the delay to the base vehicle. They were not. Im sure it did cost them in solicitors fees but they chose to go down that route. They could have easily represented themselves in the small claims court and let the judge decide but they chose not to. Bully boy tactics? I would say yes!

Happy camping guys! If anyone wants to view the contract then please email me and I will send them it!

simonhutchby@hotmail.com

Real name. Real Person. Real Son. No hidden agenda. Just have a problem with injustice!

Archived