gas oven probs

gp1

Do you know the make and model of the oven as this may help get you more answers than just for a Swift MH?

It may require a 12 volt feed for the igniter so do you have the habitation electrics turned on? Alternatively it could have AA sized batteries located somehwere inside so again, the model would help.

Keith.

Edit. This may be connected with your lighting fault as you seem to have 12 volt problems.

Do you have a leisure battery fitted and if so what is its voltage (you should be able to read from the control panel, if not use a multimeter)?

Ok thanks. The rings on top came on for a few minuites before the gas bottle ran out the other day. But then we didnt know if the gas bottle was empty as it wieghed the same as the other gas bottles which were supposedly full. I am confused about the oven though as ive heard of a pilot light on some videos ive watched. I am just having much confusion about clockwise and anti clockwise on those bottles as it seems butane and propane have different directions and access is so difficult you cant read the arrows. Need to carry some masking tape and make a note. I think its electric ignition so will try again when i get the chance nect time camping. At least it wont be 2 days of trying everything only to realise the bottle is empty. Its a swift freestyle 2004. Cheers.

Yes have only looked in the engine compartment briefly and couldnt see 2 batteries think one might be under seat but not sure. The igniters spark ok. When i have habitation check ill mention the lights as it does seem there is a problem. Thankyou very much for your help.

Archived