EU reap what you sow.........

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

:-| ............

"Did European leaders' petty Brexit revenge cost lives? Experts suggest Covid hospitalisation rate is WORSE on the continent because of Macron and Merkel's decision to trash British AZ jab and delay giving it to over-65s"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10233473/Europe-hit-wave-Covid-partly-didnt-use-AstraZenecas-jab-suggests-vaccine-maker.html

The only way Brexit has cost lives is here in the UK because it put an absolute charlatan conman into number 10 who failed spectacularly to protect the nation when it was most needed and now 150000+ people are dead.

It was only the fast work and dedication of the worlds top scientists and our NHS that pulled us out of the sh1t although we are not out of the woods just yet. Imagine if that hadnt happened here with Johnson in charge. Of course even science and the NHS are under threat from him. See my thread on the applications for prize winning scientists to the UK. Zero applied in seven months and yesterday and today the Tories are quietly pushing through further privatisation of the NHS.

You really are in need of help when all you can do is try to pick holes in the EU, and European leaders while your beloved leader can do no wrong in your eyes. I think you should go see a psychiatrist or something.

pelmetman - 2021-11-23 8:10 PM

pelmetman - 2021-11-23 7:33 PM

pelmetman - 2021-11-23 6:53 PM

Bump.........

I heard the interview, not surprisingly the Wail's interpretation has little resemblance to what was said.

P.S. you still haven't clarified if AZ is still being used in the UK?

And why it's not?

Guest pelmetman

I wondered when the squad would arrive ;-) .............

Cant say I'm surprised to see them defending the EU butchers Merkel & Macron *-) .........

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-23 9:23 PM

Bump.........

I heard the interview, not surprisingly the Wail's interpretation has little resemblance to what was said.

And why it's not?

Perhaps if the EU had used more of it they wouldn't be heading into a winter of mass preventable deaths 8-) .........

No doubt you and your fellow Chimps will keep on defending the indefencible *-) .........

pelmetman - 2021-11-23 9:35 PM

Bump.........

And why it's not?

Perhaps if the EU had used more of it they wouldn't be heading into a winter of mass preventable deaths 8-) .........

No doubt you and your fellow Chimps will keep on defending the indefencible *-) .........

Why is the AstraZeneca vaccine no longer being used in the UK?

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-23 10:00 PM

pelmetman - 2021-11-23 9:35 PM

Bump.........

And why it's not?

Why is the AstraZeneca vaccine no longer being used in the UK?

Where is your evidence that its not? ;-) ............

As the only evidence I can find is that it is still being used for 1st & 2nd doses, those of us who are already double jabbed with AZ are getting either Moderna or Pfizer jabs in order to mix the vaccine recipe to make our immune system even more superduper at resisting the virus ;-) .........

That said the AZ is obviously working as we currently have 2 builders off with Chinky Flu, and both report mild cold like symptoms B-) ..........

Unfortunately many EU countries aren't in the same fortunate position as the UK and many lives will be lost because of their incompetent leaders :-| ..........

Not that EU Bottom lickers will blame the Merkel & Macron Butchers for their crass stupidity in feeding the antivaxxer Morons *-) ........

Guest pelmetman

8-) .............

"French President Emmanuel Macron was accused of politicising the roll out of the British-made vaccine in January when he trashed it as 'quasi-effective' for people over 65 and claimed the UK had rushed its approval, in what some described as Brexit bitterness.

Germany's chancellor Angela Merkel, 66, also added to initial doubts over the vaccine, stating in February she would not get the jab as her country's vaccine regulator infamously recommended at time that those over the age of 65 should not have the jab. But Merkel did eventually get the AstraZeneca in April.

EU scepticism about the jab centred around the fact only two people over the age of 65 caught Covid in AZ's global trials, out of 660 participants in that age group.

Although the vaccine was eventually reapproved for elderly people in France, Germany and other major EU economies, the reputational damage drove up vaccine hesitancy and led to many elderly Europeans demanding they be vaccinated with Pfizer's jab. Some, such as Denmark and Norway, stopped using AZ for good."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10234631/700-000-Europeans-die-Covid-March-World-Health-Organization-warns.html

The EU's butchers bill will be wholly owned by Merkel & Macron *-) ..........

pelmetman - 2021-11-24 9:02 AM

8-) .............

"French President Emmanuel Macron was accused of politicising the roll out of the British-made vaccine in January when he trashed it as 'quasi-effective' for people over 65 and claimed the UK had rushed its approval, in what some described as Brexit bitterness.

Germany's chancellor Angela Merkel, 66, also added to initial doubts over the vaccine, stating in February she would not get the jab as her country's vaccine regulator infamously recommended at time that those over the age of 65 should not have the jab. But Merkel did eventually get the AstraZeneca in April.

EU scepticism about the jab centred around the fact only two people over the age of 65 caught Covid in AZ's global trials, out of 660 participants in that age group.

Although the vaccine was eventually reapproved for elderly people in France, Germany and other major EU economies, the reputational damage drove up vaccine hesitancy and led to many elderly Europeans demanding they be vaccinated with Pfizer's jab. Some, such as Denmark and Norway, stopped using AZ for good."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10234631/700-000-Europeans-die-Covid-March-World-Health-Organization-warns.html

The EU's butchers bill will be wholly owned by Merkel & Macron *-) ..........

From your link "This figure includes 53 countries in Europe, including EU member states, the UK, Kazakhstan and Russia, among others. "

pelmetman - 2021-11-24 8:54 AM

The retraining module that I had to do in September to be able to deliver Pfizer and Moderna because "it is unlikely that we will continue to use AZ in the future".

Have you noticed that the yanks haven't licenced it?

CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-24 9:12 AM

The retraining module that I had to do in September to be able to deliver Pfizer and Moderna because "it is unlikely that we will continue to use AZ in the future".

After 90 days Pfizer is 78% effective at cutting high viral load of Delta variant, AZ is only 61%, that's why Pfizer/Moderna is now the preferred choice.

not surprisingly the Wail's interpretation has little resemblance to what was said.

Pelmethead is quoting it again. So I guess its back to normal now the Editor has been sacked for truth telling, and Paul Dacre is back.

(pelmethead) still haven't clarified if AZ is still being used in the UK?

And why it's not?

Bump (lol)

Guest pelmetman

So NO evidence that its still not being used ;-) ...........

Just as I thought........Just more Piffle from TWITcher land (lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

pelmetman - 2021-11-24 10:38 AM

Just as I thought........Just more Piffle from TWITcher land (lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

You are just being silly again.

Its practically impossible to prove a negative.

How could anyone prove that nobody is using it?

Wheras if anyone was using it that would be easy to prove.

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2021-11-24 9:15 AM

After 90 days Pfizer is 78% effective at cutting high viral load of Delta variant, AZ is only 61%, that's why Pfizer/Moderna is now the preferred choice.

But over the longer term AZ lasts longer ;-) ..........

https://www.firstpost.com/health/astrazenecas-vaccine-effectiveness-against-coivd-19-lasts-longer-than-pfizers-finds-study-9899721.html

Which is why it makes sense for the Pfizer/Moderna jab to be used as a winter boosters, as we already have the benefit of the AZ jab doing the heavy lifting in our immune systems B-) ...........

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2021-11-24 10:42 AM

This must be the NHS being silly then ;-) .........

"Types of COVID-19 vaccine

The COVID-19 vaccines currently approved for use in the UK are:

Moderna vaccine

Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine

Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine

Janssen vaccine (available later this year)

Which vaccine will I get?

You cannot usually choose which vaccine you have. When you book, you'll only be offered appointments for vaccines that are suitable for you.

Most people can have any of the COVID-19 vaccines, but some people are only offered certain vaccines."

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/coronavirus-vaccine/

Page last reviewed: 22 November 2021

Next review due: 6 December 2021

So as of 2 days ago AZ was still available for use >:-) ........

Worra bunch of LOSER Chimps (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

pelmetman - 2021-11-24 10:43 AM

https://www.firstpost.com/health/astrazenecas-vaccine-effectiveness-against-coivd-19-lasts-longer-than-pfizers-finds-study-9899721.html

Which is why it makes sense for the Pfizer/Moderna jab to be used as a winter boosters, as we already have the benefit of the AZ jab doing the heavy lifting in our immune systems B-) ...........

"The study, which has not been peer-reviewed".

pelmetman - 2021-11-24 10:50 AM

That is not what your quote says

Do you actually read the quotes you post?

Or do you just read them and then change them to suit your prejudice?

It says approved for use

Not being used

Not even available for use

pelmetman - 2021-11-24 10:50 AM

John52 - 2021-11-24 10:42 AM

This must be the NHS being silly then ;-) .........

"Types of COVID-19 vaccine

The COVID-19 vaccines currently approved for use in the UK are:

Moderna vaccine

Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine

Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine

Janssen vaccine (available later this year)

Which vaccine will I get?

You cannot usually choose which vaccine you have. When you book, you'll only be offered appointments for vaccines that are suitable for you.

Most people can have any of the COVID-19 vaccines, but some people are only offered certain vaccines."

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/coronavirus-vaccine/

Page last reviewed: 22 November 2021

Next review due: 6 December 2021

Worra bunch of LOSER Chimps (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

"Which vaccine will I get?

You cannot usually choose which vaccine you have. When you book, you'll only be offered appointments for vaccines that are suitable for you."

The latest studies find this is not true, especially against the Delta and SA variants, AZ was ok as a 'sticking plaster' to get a fast coverage, we now need better protection, which is why the considerably more expensive Pfizer/Modener is now being used.

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2021-11-24 1:34 PM

The latest studies find this is not true, especially against the Delta and SA variants, AZ was ok as a 'sticking plaster' to get a fast coverage, we now need better protection, which is why the considerably more expensive Pfizer/Modener is now being used.

Evidence? ;-) .........

Archived