US Covid-19 toll now higher than.......

Bulletguy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bulletguy - 2020-04-29 7:32 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-04-29 7:18 PM

We've gone past our Falklands war dead figure ... Point is hater ???

Thats a very poor whataboutery to deflect from the article. I forgot about your dyslexia.

A war is a war sweet cheeks ... Und our war was a lot more recent than Vietnam ... Keep on hating

Birdbrain - 2020-04-29 7:58 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-04-29 7:32 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-04-29 7:18 PM

We've gone past our Falklands war dead figure ... Point is hater ???

Thats a very poor whataboutery to deflect from the article. I forgot about your dyslexia.

A war is a war sweet cheeks ... Und our war was a lot more recent than Vietnam ... Keep on hating

Kein vergleich stiefmütterchen.

and the death toll in London is running higher than the worst weeks of the Blitz

Even though people were evacuated to Cornwall in the Blitz to escape the overcrowding in London

Wonder if they had the selfish Nimbys complaining about the evacuees then like there are now?

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-04-29 8:39 PM

and the death toll in London is running higher than the worst weeks of the Blitz

Even though people were evacuated to Cornwall in the Blitz to escape the overcrowding in London

Wonder if they had the selfish Nimbys complaining about the evacuees then like there are now?

Still you refuse to blame China *-) .......

You Refuschinks are really becoming quite pathetic :-| .......

...…………... people were evacuated to Cornwall in the Blitz to escape the overcrowding in London

Actually people ( mainly children ) were evacuated to Cornwall to avoid the bombing

- - - not overcrowding.

….. and there was very little chance of them taking a global pandemic with them.

:-|

malc d - 2020-04-29 8:50 PM

there was very little chance of them taking a global pandemic with them.

There is no chance of taking a global pandemic with them now because is already there.

Its the overcrowding in London thats making it spread

If the Nimbys would let them go to less crowded areas they could self isolate

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-04-29 8:56 PM

There is no chance of taking a global pandemic with them now because is already there.

What a pathetic Lefty Gobsh*te you are *-) .......

London was fecking crowded when I was born there 62 years ago FFS! >:-) ......

pelmetman - 2020-04-29 8:44 PM

How would blaming China help those unable to self isolate in London?

Any chance of a sensible answer *-)

Presumably not so I'll try something else

Can't you see that cramming people into a small area is a recipe for spreading the virus

And distributing them throughout the countryside where they have room to self isolate is a recipe for saving them

pelmetman - 2020-04-29 9:02 PM

did they have Covid19 then *-)

John52 - 2020-04-29 9:04 PM

Can't you see that cramming people into a small area is a recipe for spreading the virus

And distributing them throughout the countryside where they have room to self isolate is a recipe for saving them

He appears to be drunk......yet again. *-)

Even when sober he acts like a two year old. When drunk his posts just become increasingly incomprehensible. *-)

You do talk a load of rubbish don't you - ill informed as usual

They were children sent to escape the bombing..........

Oh, and one other thing - they weren't carrying a deadly virus

Still trying to justify your own mindless actions for being out on the loose?

It's not Nimbys that are the problem - it's Numptys like you

Youre getting more irrational by the day

Bulletguy - 2020-04-29 9:18 PM

John52 - 2020-04-29 9:04 PM

He appears to be drunk......yet again. *-)

Even when sober he acts like a two year old. When drunk his posts just become increasingly incomprehensible. *-)

Well at least he's helping me stay teetotal :-D

by reminding me what drink can do :-(

pelmetman - 2020-04-29 9:02 PM

Actually what he says has a degree of truth in it. Somerset has one of the lowest infection and death rates. More remote areas are better for your health. The local hospital here is half empty.

The thing is, how could you evacuate people out of London or big cities to the countryside? What are you going to do with them and how do you choose who goes? Put them in hotels, empty tourist cottages? Campsites? How would that work then? Hotels were shut for good reason so that would be out I guess. Even if you could do that there is then the issue of supplies services and healthcare for these people. Take the Dales for instance where I live. Its just about coping with supplying those who permanently live here. The vast majority of shops, all pubs and other businesses are closed. Now imagine we were suddenly at full tourist capacity with all our hotels and self catering places full of Townie evacuees. We simply couldn't cope and all it would do is spread the same problems they had in the city here.

I guess its the luck of the draw. I feel sorry for anyone in say a block of flats in a city but as long as you stay inside and organise your supplies sensibly your risk should still be low of contracting the virus. Those most at risk are the brave workers that are carrying on keeping us all alive and fed.

Barryd999 - 2020-04-30 12:06 PM

The thing is, how could you evacuate people out of London or big cities to the countryside? What are you going to do with them and how do you choose who goes? Put them in hotels, empty tourist cottages? Campsites? How would that work then? Hotels were shut for good reason so that would be out I guess. Even if you could do that there is then the issue of supplies services and healthcare for these people. Take the Dales for instance where I live. Its just about coping with supplying those who permanently live here. The vast majority of shops, all pubs and other businesses are closed. Now imagine we were suddenly at full tourist capacity with all our hotels and self catering places full of Townie evacuees. We simply couldn't cope and all it would do is spread the same problems they had in the city here.

I guess its the luck of the draw. I feel sorry for anyone in say a block of flats in a city but as long as you stay inside and organise your supplies sensibly your risk should still be low of contracting the virus. Those most at risk are the brave workers that are carrying on keeping us all alive and fed.

Greece has its fair share of blocks of flats , poverty etc but they have managed to control China Virus because the Greeks have largely followed Government guidelines and for once done what Government has told them to do ... Cant say the same for many who live here

Could start by letting them use their second homes

Imagine being cooped up in a petri-dish London flat, when you have a remote cottage in Cornwall the Selfish Nimbys say you can't use >:-(

Birdbrain - 2020-04-30 12:20 PM

Greece has its fair share of blocks of flats , poverty etc but they have managed to control China Virus because the Greeks have largely followed Government guidelines and for once done what Government has told them to do ... Cant say the same for many who live here

They didn't wait so long to bring in the lockdown

John52 - 2020-04-30 12:29 PM

Could start by letting them use their second homes

Imagine being cooped up in a petri-dish London flat, when you have a remote cottage in Cornwall the Selfish Nimbys say you can't use >:-(

How will that help people in cramped conditions in cities? Chances are if you can afford a country cottage in Cornwall as a second home you wont be living in a pokey flat in a city. Your first home is likely to be pretty substantial and safe. The same problems would occur though. The tourist areas are just not able to provide the services and supplies to cater for a sudden influx of second home visitors from the cities. There may only be a handful of stores open for supplies so in come hordes of second home owners from the city, some of them bring the virus with them, into the local store they go where the rest of the locals have to shop and bingo.

Birdbrain - 2020-04-30 12:20 PM

As said they imposed the lock down earlier but not only that. You had to carry a form to prove you were an essential worker and if you failed to have a good reason for being out you are fined €150. Some countries, the fines were much heavier. France were turning people away from going to second homes and slapping them with big fines. Here there has just been a bit of "tutting". The rozzers were just "having a word" with people who had been caught having a bit of a day out.

Another reason Greece might have fared so well is they have had their wings clipped a fair bit already and have got used to a lot of restrictions because they have been so much in the sh1t. Here, everyone is used to generally doing what they like and having a good time, I suspect a level of English Exceptionalism as well. Lets make no mistake though, we locked down too late and the lock down has been pretty relaxed. However we wont know until countries start easing the lock downs just what might happen next. We might do better in the second wave and Greece may do worse.

Barryd999 - 2020-04-30 2:03 PM

The tourist areas are just not able to provide the services and supplies to cater for a sudden influx of second home visitors from the cities. There may only be a handful of stores open for supplies so in come hordes of second home owners from the city, some of them bring the virus with them, into the local store they go where the rest of the locals have to shop and bingo.

The main hospital in Cornwall has reported it is 'Quiet' and the supermarkets are certainly quieter than I've been told they are in Glasgow. There is far more room to self isolate than there is in the cities.

I'm getting my information first hand from seeing it myself

Where are you getting yours from *-)

As a lot of you seam to think the Government were warned and thus should have shut down earlier,with hindsight that may well be correct, we know we will get a mutation of this virus and further waves of this one. So with this foresight should the government keep lockdown until the end of the year....just in case?

Or would that be critised as well.

John52 - 2020-04-30 3:38 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-04-30 2:03 PM

The tourist areas are just not able to provide the services and supplies to cater for a sudden influx of second home visitors from the cities. There may only be a handful of stores open for supplies so in come hordes of second home owners from the city, some of them bring the virus with them, into the local store they go where the rest of the locals have to shop and bingo.

The main hospital in Cornwall has reported it is 'Quiet' and the supermarkets are certainly quieter than I've been told they are in Glasgow. There is far more room to self isolate than there is in the cities.

I'm getting my information first hand from seeing it myself

Where are you getting yours from *-)

Well first hand from where I live. I live in the second least populated region in England but its a tourist hot spot in the summer. I also work for a large charity that is working all hours to help people throughout this crisis over hundreds of square miles. Residents in places like this and other scenic areas of the country like Cornwall etc have a fairly large elderly population. Many young folk clear off as firstly they cant always afford to live there and secondly and more importantly to them there are less job opportunities.

The charity has worked hard with businesses and local stores to ensure supplies get to the right people and that people remain safe. Our nearest largish store is a Morrisons seven miles away but we are in the lower dales, for some its a much further drive so they depend on deliveries or local shops. The last thing they want is hordes of younger fitter townies appearing in their shops and supermarkets and hogging up their delivery slots when most of them could probably have as much if not more choice in their first homes.

Ive been busy putting together online resources for the vulnerable, facebook groups and website info as well as ensuring the vulnerable have unfettered access to them and frankly people are scared. The rules have been flouted on several occasions up here when the weather has been nice and the Police have done very little, so much so that it all got a bit nasty the other week and people were looking at "self policing". 8-) Its a long way for many to the nearest hospital maybe forty or fifty miles for some and I can assure you they are not quiet. The casualty departments around the country might be quieter but the Covid wards certainly are not. Stay at home! Those are the rules. You will not be welcome elsewhere and rightly so.

Archived