US Covid-19 toll now higher than.......

Bulletguy

So John, you lied about going home then.......There'a a surprise

You just keep banging on about allowing more freedom of movement - but no one seems to support your ideas....funny that!

Neither it seems, does any other country or government.

You're grasping at straws, to somehow justify your own thoughtless personal actions.

Let me tell you why it's quieter down here - It's probably because we're adhering to the advice!

Have you been seeing this yourself by going shopping - or just stalking the car parks?

You know F*ck all about Cornwall - Your comment the other day about ambulances parked up in lay-by's proved the point.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bulletguy - 2020-04-29 8:38 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-04-29 7:58 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-04-29 7:32 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-04-29 7:18 PM

We've gone past our Falklands war dead figure ... Point is hater ???

Thats a very poor whataboutery to deflect from the article. I forgot about your dyslexia.

A war is a war sweet cheeks ... Und our war was a lot more recent than Vietnam ... Keep on hating

Kein vergleich stiefmütterchen.

Naughty!! :-D

Barryd999 - 2020-04-30 4:52 PM

You will not be welcome elsewhere

There is a principle at stake here.

Public property is for EVERYBODY

The public road is as much yours and mine as anyone else's

I sit with my side door open looking out at the view - most walk past, but of those who comment 99% are positive.

Young people the most positive., saying things like WOW - what a Great Idea.

If the other 1% - some selfish old Nimby who wants to steal our property for himself doesn't 'welcome' me using our public road thats fine by me. I wouldn't want to be welcomed by people like that because I wouldn't want to associate with them.

I see it as our duty to keep the public road for the public.

globebuster - 2020-04-30 5:35 PM

So John, you lied about going home then..

Nope :-D

You just keep banging on about allowing more freedom of movement - but no one seems to support your ideas....funny that!

You should get out more - many people I meet think what I do is a Great Idea

Let me tell you why it's quieter down here - It's probably because we're adhering to the advice!

Nope - its because the number of people per square mile is lower than the cities (with apologies to all the people whose intelligence I am insulting by stating the obvious again)

You know F*ck all about Cornwall - Your comment the other day about ambulances parked up in lay-by's proved the point.

Ambulances are parked up on Pendennis Point practically every day - Should I believe what I can see with my own eyes, or what you post on here *-)

John52 - 2020-04-30 5:48 PM

I sit with my side door open looking out at the view - most walk past, but of those who comment 99% are positive.

If the other 1% - some selfish old Nimby who wants to steal our property for himself doesn't 'welcome' me using our public road I couldn't care less.

What a total clown you are - BoJo has nothing on you!

The usual feeble attempt to deflect from the reality of your crass actions - absolutely pathetic

WTF have public roads got to do with anything

I wonder if those 99% would be so positive if they knew you crapped in a bag and left it one one of their local bins - dog or otherwise

Why don't you 'man up' and Frik off home

globebuster - 2020-04-30 6:08 PM

I'll try again.

UK public roads are as much mine as they are yours.

I never complain about people parked outside my house because I realise I don't own the road (and I wouldn't object to them using it if I did since I have a drive to park on).

I'm already home - motorhome :-D

globebuster - 2020-04-30 6:23 PM

But do you know WHY they park there?

Because they have nothing to do - Apologies again for anyone with a brain cell for stating the obvious

At least I've got a rough idea of where your hiding out now - I'll send to boys from Penryn round tonight :-D

Dads Army (lol)

John52 - 2020-04-30 6:11 PM

I'll try again.

I never complain about people parked outside my house because I realise I don't own the road (and I wouldn't object to them using it if I did since I have a drive to park on).

Hilarious - really funny, oh how I've laughed - you are just sooooo funny.

But we're not talking about public roads - it's public safety, and you seem to have little regard for it

globebuster - 2020-04-30 6:28 PM

I'll try again.

Hilarious - really funny, oh how I've laughed - you are just sooooo funny.

But we're not talking about public roads - it's public safety, and you seem to have little regard for it

Why bother ... Hes a fella that thinks its acceptable to dump his cr@p in public bins ... His opinions matter not

Birdbrain - 2020-04-30 6:37 PM

Why bother ... Hes a fella that thinks its acceptable to dump his cr@p in public bins ... His opinions matter not

Your default answer when you are losing an argument - change the subject and lie to make it sound worse - dog waste bins to 'public bins'

John52 - 2020-04-30 6:43 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-04-30 6:37 PM

Your default answer when you are losing an argument - change the subject and lie to make it sound worse - dog waste bins to 'public bins'

So your a "dog" ??? ... Shih-tzu ???

John52 - 2020-04-30 6:28 PM

But do you know WHY they park there?

Because they have nothing to do - Apologies again for anyone with a brain cell for stating the obvious

At least I've got a rough idea of where your hiding out now - I'll send to boys from Penryn round tonight :-D

Dads Army (lol)

Okay Coco - So it's safe to say you actually don't know WHY they are parked there - apart from having nothing to do, which is a good thing isn't it?

But WHY do they park there? - And you should be grateful, instant help at hand should you trip [or slip] on one of your 'bags'

Apologies again to anyone with normal, civilised toilet habits

:-D

John52 - 2020-04-30 5:48 PM

If the other 1% - some selfish old Nimby who wants to steal our property for himself doesn't 'welcome' me using our public road thats fine by me. I wouldn't want to be welcomed by people like that because I wouldn't want to associate with them.

Sorry but your wrong. There is not a principle here and public property is not for everyone "at the moment". If what you are saying is true about your welcome in Cornwall then I reckon you have been lucky. Try parking your van up the dales next to some village or farmers field and see how you get on.

The world has changed, hopefully just temporarily and we are under lock down. I really dont know why you continue to try and justify it really. I agreed with you on a lot of stuff on Brexit etc but your fighting a loosing battle here.

globebuster - 2020-04-30 6:53 PM

Okay Coco - So it's safe to say you actually don't know WHY they are parked there - apart from having nothing to do, which is a good thing isn't it?

But WHY do they park there? -

Apologies to everyone with a Brain Cell for Stating the obvious again, but when they have nothing to do but sit and look out of the window, they park there because there is a nice view.

And yes, its a good thing, because it means people can come from crowded cities where the NHS is under far more pressure. If the Nimbys weren't so selfish as to try and prevent them, even when the local hospital is 'Quiet' and the ambulance crews are parked up with nothing to do.

Barryd999 - 2020-04-30 6:55 PM

Try parking your van up the dales next to some village or farmers field and see how you get on.

I have, and had no problems.

Only person I spoke to was a woman who flagged me down and asked if I had brought her washing machine.

But I've never stayed long because there is nothing much there

PS: apart from the view, but that on its own is not very sustaining.

I've quoted this before, Marina Hyde says it all really, but I can see it hasn't sunk in so I'll try again

'So a lot of people think journalists aren’t asking enough tough questions – and even more think they shouldn’t be asking questions at all. For them, the only tolerable debate is the lockdown debate – which palpably suits the government. The Good News Bears love the lockdown debate. Why wouldn’t they? Every second you’re having the lockdown debate is a second you’re not having the debate that starts “how in the name of our necrotic self-respect are we on course to be the worst-hit country in Europe when we had so much warning?” - and had the advantage of being an island surrounded by water to keep the virus out

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/28/boris-johnson-coronavirus-mug-britain-pm-cabinet

jumpstart - 2020-05-01 7:24 AM

Well answer this question then....

We’ve been warned there could be a second wave or even a different Covid virus by next winter.

So do we stay in lockdown just in case till the end of the year?

exactly

Sooner or later we are going to have to go out and take a chance on what happens.

We are going to have to ease the lockdown before a cure is found

Then maybe the people snitching on their neigbours for petty and harmless infringements of the lockdown (like self isolating in a motorhome) might realise how silly and gullible they have been.

Your first sentence answers your previous post question of how did we get to where we are.

At some point you have to take a chance and based on what you know at the time . Various countries have adopted different options. We are not that dissimilar to other equal size countries ,except Germany.

Guest pelmetman

I'll try again.

Still in Cornwall whilst leaving your bricks & mortar empty in a housing crisis eh? *-) .........

So when your not sh*tting in binbags.....Your bullsh*tting on here >:-) .......

John52 - 2020-05-01 7:48 AM

jumpstart - 2020-05-01 7:24 AM

Well answer this question then....

We’ve been warned there could be a second wave or even a different Covid virus by next winter.

So do we stay in lockdown just in case till the end of the year?

exactly

Sooner or later we are going to have to go out and take a chance on what happens.

We are going to have to ease the lockdown before a cure is found

Then maybe the people snitching on their neigbours for petty and harmless infringements of the lockdown (like self isolating in a motorhome) might realise how silly and gullible they have been.

Its not a case of being gullible though is it, at the moment its a case of following the rules and the law. Maybe there will be a day soon where those restrictions are lifted and we can go off in our motorhomes and wild camp in remote areas but right now its prohibited. Im no fan of rules and regulations but the last thing I would want to be doing is pishing people off who are already frightened and dont want strangers turning up and putting them at risk and using their resources. Even if its just their perception and your totally staying isolated in your van, never getting water, food, emptying your toilet (Seems impossible to me by the way).

Interesting that you now say you have been to the North Yorkshire Dales as well during lock down. Bit of a diversion from Cornwall isnt it?

Barryd999 - 2020-05-01 10:08 AM

Interesting that you now say you have been to the North Yorkshire Dales as well during lock down. Bit of a diversion from Cornwall isnt it?

It can't be much more than a week or so since he'd claimed he'd gone home,(along the coast) because it was raining?

Now he's supposedly back down in Cornwall again ,having also taken in the Yorkshire dales at some point?

So does he really have a house in Scotland or indeed anywhere? Is he really out in a van?

...or this all just made up for something to do and to help fill his day?

(This is chatterbox after all,so he certainly wouldn't be the first to do that.)

John52 - 2020-05-01 5:31 AM

globebuster - 2020-04-30 6:53 PM

But WHY do they park there? -

Apologies to everyone with a Brain Cell for Stating the obvious again, but when they have nothing to do but sit and look out of the window, they park there because there is a nice view.

And yes, its a good thing, because it means people can come from crowded cities where the NHS is under far more pressure. If the Nimbys weren't so selfish as to try and prevent them, even when the local hospital is 'Quiet' and the ambulance crews are parked up with nothing to do.

You fool,

Still trying to vindicate your own selfish actions?

What deluded fellow you are Coco - you may be able to convince yourself, but no one else seems to agree

pepe63 - 2020-05-01 10:57 AM

Barryd999 - 2020-05-01 10:08 AM

It can't be much more than a week or so since he'd claimed he'd gone home,(along the coast) because it was raining?

Now he's supposedly back down in Cornwall again ,having also taken in the Yorkshire dales at some point?

So does he really have a house in Scotland or indeed anywhere? Is he really out in a van?

...or this all just made up for something to do and to help fill his day?

(This is chatterbox after all,so he certainly wouldn't be the first to do that.)

I don't think he ever left Cornwall Pepe....

I guess I'm being gullible for staying at home as John would put it - instead of driving around Cornwall

It seems us locals have been pretty good on the whole.

Of course he could be posting all this from an "institution" somewhere - who knows!

Archived