You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Motorhomes -> Motorhome Matters
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Airbag warning light
AuthorMessage
usersteveandlisa
Posted: 9 September 2018 12:43 AM
Subject: Airbag warning light

Liking what I've found

Hi again folks,
Yep! my Fiat Ducato mo/ho has developed the proverbial airbag warning light syndrome. Took it down to Dorset for a week, drove back and parked her up for six weeks no probs. Next use was a trip to Somerset, van loaded up all checks done and fired her up and she started first time as usual then bleep, bleep, f>#~ing bleep Airbag failure warning light. Anyway continued our journey with warning light lit on the dash, bit of a distraction but at least no annoying bleeping.
After arriving back home, took it to my local garage and their airbag fault detector showed up three fault codes, (B0106 Belt tensioner ignition circuit driver side front), (B0127 Driver side front buckle switch), (B0100 Airbag control unit) to which they were unable to reset. An independent auto electrician who sub-contracted to them was asked to look at the problem and he diagnosed the three faults as all sensors OK, internal fault with Airbag ECU and will require replacement or repair.
Now a new Airbag ECU for a mo/ho can cost an arm & a leg £500 plus, so I have disconnected the ECU "simple enough" and sent it off to http://www.crash-data.co.uk/ £60 for a complete reset and hope this should cure the problem, big saving if it does the job.

I`ll let you know if was successful.

Regards
Steve
userthomasplc
Posted: 10 September 2018 3:56 PM
Subject: RE: Airbag warning light

Having a look around

I have just been quoted £315-00 to replace ECU at present am pushing for goodwill gesture as MH not 3 year old.
usersteveandlisa
Posted: 12 September 2018 2:22 PM

Liking what I've found

steveandlisa - 2018-09-09 12:43 AM

Hi again folks,
Yep! my Fiat Ducato mo/ho has developed the proverbial airbag warning light syndrome. Took it down to Dorset for a week, drove back and parked her up for six weeks no probs. Next use was a trip to Somerset, van loaded up all checks done and fired her up and she started first time as usual then bleep, bleep, f>#~ing bleep Airbag failure warning light. Anyway continued our journey with warning light lit on the dash, bit of a distraction but at least no annoying bleeping.
After arriving back home, took it to my local garage and their airbag fault detector showed up three fault codes, (B0106 Belt tensioner ignition circuit driver side front), (B0127 Driver side front buckle switch), (B0100 Airbag control unit) to which they were unable to reset. An independent auto electrician who sub-contracted to them was asked to look at the problem and he diagnosed the three faults as all sensors OK, internal fault with Airbag ECU and will require replacement or repair.
Now a new Airbag ECU for a mo/ho can cost an arm & a leg £500 plus, so I have disconnected the ECU "simple enough" and sent it off to http://www.crash-data.co.uk/ £60 for a complete reset and hope this should cure the problem, big saving if it does the job.

I`ll let you know if was successful.

Regards
Steve

Hello again folks,

OK, got back the airbag ECU this morning and popped it back in. With fingers crossed turned the ignition on, waited a few seconds for dashboard light checks and yippee no airbag warning light or bleeping and it saved me £???. So it`s a big thanks too http://www.crash-data.co.uk/ for their excellent service.

Tatty bye for now
Steve
usermonique.hubrechts@gm
Posted: 12 September 2018 2:51 PM

Epic contributor

Steve what is a airbag ECU ? As far as i understand we have only one whit i/o ports. Who take care of all.
userDeneb
Posted: 12 September 2018 3:09 PM

Gets involved

There are several ECUs (the number varies according to the equipment fitted to the vehicle. They communicate through the CAN network and the body ECU maintains a master record of the ECUs that are present and whether they are correctly configured.
Search online for a Maserati document on the Florence network architecture. It gives a good explanation of the system used by FCA.
usersteveandlisa
Posted: 12 September 2018 6:27 PM

Liking what I've found

monique.hubrechts@gm - 2018-09-12 2:51 PM

Steve what is a airbag ECU ? As far as i understand we have only one whit i/o ports. Who take care of all.

Hi there,
The airbag ECU on my mo/ho is a small metal box with two plug connections that controls and monitors all the airbag sensors. It`s bolted to the floor between the front seats next to the battery.
userfiredecisions
Posted: 14 September 2018 4:50 PM

Having a look around

Just got the same warning on my 2014 Peugeot Boxer, a local repairer is going to check the fault codes on Tuesday, he also thinks he knows what it is as he has seen it before, in that there is a likely loose connection under the drivers seat that needs to soldered secure. If not it will be a refurbished ECU
userKeithl
Posted: 14 September 2018 5:02 PM

Forum master

Hi all,

I recently came across another company offering the repair of all ECU's based in Kings Lynn and with actual premises you can visit...

http://www.remmington.info/test.html

I have not dealt with them personally but have exchanged emails with Peter the owner and he seems a decent guy. If you do contact him please mention my name.

Keith.
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator