Autotrail 2021 Imala 734HB

Woodworker

Hi, I have just ordered the above MH, but have now been advised that there is no roll out awning. We were considering an air beam awning, to attach to the roll out awning, via the rail. If I don’t have a retro fitted Fiamma 3.5m wind out awning, does anyone know what type of air beam awning I could use, I don’t really want a retro fitted wind out. TIA

All I'll say is be very careful before parting with your cash for a largish Autotrail on a light chassis.

The MIRO is already stated in the brochure as being 3,260kg so if you add a slight variation for materials used to that equation, plus a few extra kg's for a larger driver; the weight of a passenger and a 45kg awning then you'll already be at 3,500kg.

This is before any personal kit, water, food, tv, bike rack, bikes, awning, omni-aerial, extra gas, Bedding, cooking stuff, extra passengers, garage gear, tools, is added.

As said just be very careful as IMO these motorhomes are totally unusable if registered at 3,500kg.

We had the Vango Kela tall with our Tribute 615 ( basically the same as the Imala 615 but without the roof rails). We don't have a wind out awning. Securing it to the van was difficult, we tried one of the Kampa limpet connection kits but it was quite difficult. In the end we used the throw-over facility but it wasn't easy.

I'm not a big fan of awnings at all really. Sods law in the UK is that it will be raining on the day you want to take it down and you are stuck with a big soggy mess to sort out when you get home.

I threw it in the skip eventually in a fit of pique.

We now just carry folding chairs and a windbreak. If it's nice we sit out. If it's not, we sit in. Life is more simple & relaxing that way....

Just got to ask, why do you think you need an awning? Why not wait until you have your new MH and see how you actually get on using it.

We bought sides for our wind out awning, used them once and sold them as a complete waste of time!

There are always lots of 'used only once' awnings available for sale, what does that tell you about their usefulness?

Out of 24 classified ads on this website there are no less than 7 for awnings and safari rooms!

https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/motorhomes/for-sale/accessories/?pageSize=160

Keith.

Archived