Contactum mcb removal

Andywal

Hi all

Does anyone know how to remove the contactum mcb from a sargent ec500 please?

I have only ever come across din rail mounted breakers but these don't look that type.

I need to measure the load of my truma heating elements and can only think of getting a clamp on meter round that cable but it is not accessible from the back so I was going to pull the breaker out and hopefully get enough on the cable to get my meter in unless anyone could suggest another way.I can not use an energy plug as I do not have access to a domestic socket.

Any help appreciated

Andy

Andy,

The simplest way I can think of is to get a plugin Watt meter, like an Energenie https://www.amazon.co.uk/Energenie-429-856UK-Power-Meter/dp/B003ELLGDC and plug the entire MH in through the device, using an extension cable and 16 Amp adaptor leads. Saves dismantling the control panel.

Or if you already have a clamp on ammeter then open the cores of an extension cable and just go round the live wire.

Keith.

Hi Keith and thanks for reply.

I did think about that but I have no access to a domestic socket as we live permanently in our mo.Even on sites its the hook up cable and I've not come across a domestic socket that I could plug my hook adaptor in to.

Andy

Hi Keith,didn't realise they did the first adaptor on the pic...so I would need that,then the energy plug in monitor,then the 2nd adaptor in to that,then plug that in to moho...I will try that.

I have an original allen Martin plug in socket tester from my previous life on the job but great suggestion.

Many thanks for your help,I'm convinced by truma elements have blown but need to prove readings to dealer( or rather easier for me being up in Scotland and them being down in Newark)

Andy

Archived