Dometic fridge issue ??

suethedriver

I have a dometic fridge & separate freezer 2008 yr it n electric & vehicle battery . It lights on gas then after about an hour the orange light flashes !! Twice I have turned gas off & on & reset gas button & its clicked again when manually turning but sometimes it doesnt work ( like now !!! ) I have put a wind break up to stop any wind putting g it out maybe but that hasnt meant difference . I'm away for 2 weeks wild camping so brought a fair bit of frozen food as we are on a remote beach in Scotland ! Any ideas folks please ?

Sue,

It could be a failing gas regulator.

Have you tried lighting all the burners on the hob at the same time to check gas flow? If you do this when the fridge is working and the fridge immediately goes off then it is fairly conclusive in my books.

PS I assume you have ample gas in the cylinder?

Keith.

We changed our motorhome to a 2008 model with RMT 7650 and had some minor issues with the fridge. In spit of dealer checking it over (including the gas) on examination I discovered that the gas connection to the burner had bee grossly overtightened. After freeing and removing the burner I found it was filthy and rusty so have replaced with new burner assembly.

Archived