Elddis Accordo Advice and Reviews

TrevR

Hi all, I'm new to MH'ing and would be grateful for some advice on the Elddis Accordo 140

We're hoping tp put down a deposit either today or tomorrow on a 2014 model and just wanted to check in and see if anyone has an Accordo 140 and if there are problems that we need to be aware of.

Thanks.

Majestic is the Accordo made for a dealer special. We chose the 125 as we can only fit 6 metre on the drive and definitely wanted a fixed bed. I remember asking someone why they wanted a garage and I could not manage without one now, although we only have folding bikes now as Roy cant lift them off the rack any more, we carry loungers, table, ramps and loads more in the garage too.

Roy very pleased with the new Peugeot, we got a good deal as the dealer had already registered but only 47 miles on the clock

I hope you enjoy motor homing as much as we do, off on our first big trip on Sunday, (although we use our Motorhome every week on our day off )all packed and ready, sailing out of Newhaven and hoping to find some nice weather on Il de Re.

Have fun, let us know when you are ready for your first trip.

Apologies for going slightly off topic but a question for Lynn - I have just got a new Majestic 105 which is great but the water pump sounds like a machine gun!!!! Is yours like that or reasonably quiet? Also the lock to the door on the living area is incredibly stiff most times. How is yours? I am composing a list of minor niggles to get the dealer to look at (eg the spec said the leisure battery would be 110amps and mine has been supplied with a 100 amp.

You may find that the 110Ah/100Ah difference isn’t actually a conflict.

This link refers to a Banner “Energy Bull” 957 51 battery

http://www.mycaravan.org.uk/Battery.html

and you’ll note that 3 capacity figures are quoted - K5 75Ah, K20 100Ah and K100 110Ah.

If that battery were fitted to your Majestic 105 the specification might use the K100 110Ah datum, while you’ll see that the battery’s label reads “K20/ 100Ah”.

Hi, I am glad you like your new Motorhome apart from the niggles, ours is going back in after our trip to France, our water pump noisy too, water gauge a bit hit and miss, habitation door not stiff, but garage door is, we also queried the battery and were told it was a misprint. We have had no problem with dealer agreeing to do the jobs, and in fact when we had an issue with the electrics, they diagnosed a dead cell in the habitation battery and paid a company from Manchester to deliver us a new one to North Wales, so very impressed with the service, and they were right, no problems since.

We are pleased with everything else, and the van is perfect for us, we searched for a long time. I am sure your dealer will sort everything out for you as ours has,

Enjoy your trips

Lynne

Pretty happy with mine (Accordo 135). Few niggles, but nothing insurmountable.

Water pump is a pain, but I just switch it off when not in use, otherwise it trips in every 30 seconds or so.

TV aerial is a waste of time and I replaced it with a Status 550.

Engine battery will probably be the wrong one: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53488303/Accordo%20battery.jpg had it changed (950A) at my local Peugeot dealer without any hassle.

Brian

ps. if you think you might want a tow bar in the future, get it now. £575 as an Elddis option, £800 if fitted later :'(

Thanks to all for your comments ;-)

We bit the bullit and put down the deposit yesterday. Got e really good deal on what we thought was a 2014 model. We were then surprised to learn that although on a 2014 plate, the MH is actually a 2015 model. Salesman told us it was an ex photo demonstrator that has 1,700 on the clock. We discovered what he meant by ex photo demonstrator when to our further surprise we found it featured by OutandAboutLive on Youtube

Can't wait to pick it up in October.

PS: If Dave Hurrell is watching ...you could have cleaned the fridge out after you .....mucky sod ! ;-)

You'll need to bond a triangular piece of 18mm plywood under the corner of the toilet wash basin and bolt the mixer tap through it. Ours went loose and the sink plastic is that flimsy there was little point in just tightening it back up. It's rock solid now. Also I put some LED strip lighting in the wardrobe, it was very dark in there.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't find anything in the Elddis manual, other than general winterising tips. I have the winter pack fitted:

"Winter pack - tank heaters for fresh and waste water plus fridge vent covers"

Am I right in assuming you set the space heater to the frost sign and that the tank heaters will only work on EHU?

Brian

Charles - 2015-09-08 2:38 AM

You'll need to bond a triangular piece of 18mm plywood under the corner of the toilet wash basin and bolt the mixer tap through it. Ours went loose and the sink plastic is that flimsy there was little point in just tightening it back up. It's rock solid now. Also I put some LED strip lighting in the wardrobe, it was very dark in there.

Thanks for the tips Charles.

I did notice the wardrobe was a bit dark!

Will also look at the basin and report back ;-)

TrevR - 2015-09-03 10:16 AM

PS: If Dave Hurrell is watching ...you could have cleaned the fridge out after you .....mucky sod ! ;-)

In Dave's defence, all the motorhomes that MMM and Which Motorhome test are cleaned inside and out before we return them to the dealer or manufacturer, so it may not have been him. Some models go to shows, are used as demonstrators or even by the dealer, after we return them.

To my suprise we have found that the tv aerial works fine on our Accordo. I guess it depends on the signal strength but we have stayed in Sidmouth, Woolacombe and Minehead in the short time we have had it and had no problem. Having said that I see that Eldiss are now putting directional aerial on 2016 models.

When they told me that that little whip Ariel was for the TV I thought that will never work, but it has and quite well really only one site out of about six so far it hasn't worked on, it even worked on the cc site just outside of Birmingham and they have TV hookups on their bollards.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Charles ...& all

Charles, you are right about the flimsy tap in the WC, it flaps like a ripped welly ;-) ...

Picked it up yesterday from Glossop and lost a wheel trim on the way home. Glossop Caravans are all over it and an order for a new set will be despatched ASAP. The other three are now secured with tie wraps.

Disappointed to find that there are no corner stays on the Accordo so it will have to wobble a while until I get some sourced, although I'm not even sure where to start with that.

Minor gripes:

The studs in the lounge carpet will not connect with the studs screwed to the floor. Consequently, when the bed extentions are pulled out they catch on the carpet and the carpet itself is slippery on the lounge floor!

The facia panels on the front of the lounge seats are only secured at each end making the centre of the panels flex excessively, I'll be securing the centres with a couple of plastic corner blocks and screws.

Just need to find a couple of 6kg propane bottles and we're ready to roll.

Observations:

The gears don't seem to have much range and I'm constantly reminded on the dash that I need to change gear. The puegeot (130bhp) is much higher revving than a similar Renault that I owned a couple of years back. At 2500 rpm in 6th I'm doing just over 65 while the Renault trafic would have had me bobbing along at 80 in 5th !

I noticed the gears are close together but put it down to being a 6 speed gearbox. The Elddis side of things are really thrown together by semi skilled monkeys but that's why they're competitively priced I suppose. Our carpet studs line up so we've been lucky. See how you go without corner steadies, the suspension is quite sturdy and the thick walled camper tyres all help. The only time I've been aware of slight movement is when Gertrude is putting makeup on and shouts at me to KEEP STILL! :D

• 2 weeks later...
TrevR - 2015-10-07 11:25 AM

Disappointed to find that there are no corner stays on the Accordo so it will have to wobble a while until I get some sourced, although I'm not even sure where to start with that.

Minor gripes:

The gears don't seem to have much range and I'm constantly reminded on the dash that I need to change gear. The puegeot (130bhp) is much higher revving than a similar Renault that I owned a couple of years back. At 2500 rpm in 6th I'm doing just over 65 while the Renault trafic would have had me bobbing along at 80 in 5th !

Our experience:

We find that the Accordo has such a small overhang at the back that steadies are not necessary.

The dash display is always telling me to change up - even when in 6th! But I love the engine and gearbox.

Some other comments based on our experience:

The Accordo habitation is very poorly put together; I cant see that screwing things in the wrong place is cheaper than putting them in the right place. Might be a question of recruiting fitters who care about doing things right?

The British-sourced equipment has been a problem. The Whale space heating did not work and my dealer could not get worthwhile support from Whale. The Thetford hob poorly assembled and Thetford would not reply to my emails.

Ignore the sign in the wardrobe stating that "the water tanks MUST be empty when travelling" (without telling you why) - Elddis no longer state that.

The shower room basin is very flimsy and the under basin cupboard fills with water when you shower.

But apart from that we are loving our 105 - both to live in and to drive.

Don't stick anything on the veneer, I put some insulation tape on the wardrobe magnets to make them weaker and when it went sticky and I pulled it off to replace it it took some veneer off with it. It's paper thin. I put some Velcro up inside the wardrobe so that will definitely strip the veneer.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o151/fleck_bucket/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2338.jpg

Bought a square fan for the celing, who needs air con?. It easily comes down if it starts raining and it blows cool air down on the bed all night. Gertrude thought I was wasting my time but she never shuts up about how great it is now, especially when the hair dryer's been on and she's perspiring. €15 from a Chinese shop in Benidorm

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o151/fleck_bucket/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2338.jpg

Archived