External gas bbq point for Globecar pvc

Tony M

I’m thinking of fitting a bullfinch or similar gas point to my Globescout and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to the best place to position it. I would like it ideally on the sliding door side but can’t find a suitable accessible spot for it.

Hi..

It's not really what you were after but could you live with a tap/outlet that was fitted inside the gas locker?

(... just pass the hose around/through a partially open door?..OR ferret it down through gas drop hole?)

I fitted one similar to this, in a previous van.

https://www.gasit.co.uk/1-way-8mm-inlet-tap-bbq-manifold-with-quick-connection.html

(with hose "ferreted" down through base of gas locker..)

222138916_gastap.jpg.893364010f7e57647fe1c57873b93cb5.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion but I have an underfloor refillable lpg tank so no pipework in what was originally the gas locker. I can access the gas feed to the hob or fridge but can’t see how to get it to the outside of the van.

From the PVC I had, with all of the appliances and manifold switches on the same side as the door, think it wouldn't be too difficult to run a valved off take from the manifold to some where near the fridge or heater vent for your outside connector.

Had an email saying that a reply to this thread had been posted by “artheytrate” along with a photo but nothing has appeared. If you see this John I’d be obliged if you could post it again.

Thanks

Tony

Tony M - 2019-05-27 1:13 PM

Had an email saying that a reply to this thread had been posted by “artheytrate” along with a photo but nothing has appeared. If you see this John I’d be obliged if you could post it again.

Thanks

Tony

Tony,

It was a blank post (edited five minutes after posting) so I deleted it to keep the thread tidy.

Keith (Assistant Mod).

Tony M - 2019-05-27 1:13 PM

Thanks

Tony

SorryTony I deleted the post as I couldn’t load the picture, I’ve fitted my bullfinch barbi point in the rear plastic panel behind the wheel arch on our Globecar Campscout, I have a twin gaslow bottle set up.

John.

Archived