Fridge problem

Pete-B

Hi, On the first and only trip out last year in our new AS Warwick xl the fridge wouldn't work and consequently we lost all the food we had brought for the week.

The plot we were on didn't seem to slope that much to be honest, and I had the front wheel on top of a set of Thule triple levellers. When we got back home I got our dealer to check the fridge out and they said it seemed to be working OK!

Our previous vans all had Dometic fridges in and in all the years we had them we never once had this trouble!! So this morning I rang customer services at Thetord and they told me the fridge should't be out of level by anymore than 3 degrees.

My question is to the mathematician amongst us or people cleverer than me, how far would my van have to be out of level from back to front to make it more than 3 degrees, the body is on a LWB Peugeot chassis?

Thanks for any help.

Pete,

Do you have a smartphone? If yes then find a free 'spirit level' style app and lay your phone on a flat worksurface.

But using trigonometry 3° equates at approx 50 mm rise in 1.0 m (Or just under 2" in 36" if you're old fashioned).

Keith.

Keithl - 2021-03-17 4:51 PM

Pete,

Do you have a smartphone? If yes then find a free 'spirit level' style app and lay your phone on a flat worksurface.

But using trigonometry 3° equates at approx 50 mm rise in 1.0 m (Or just under 2" in 36" if you're old fashioned).

Keith.

Thanks Keith

Archived