Is it a scam ?

AED

This was discussed here a couple of weeks ago

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/FAKE-MESSAGE/57597/

At that time the Forum Administrator said

The advert should now have been blocked but if you notice any more, please email the forum moderator email address already highlighted by Derek and we'll forward it onto the web team to handle.

It doesn’t greatly surprise me that the ‘advert’ continues to appear on these forums as (as I said on the earlier forum thread) it may prove difficult for Warners to permanently block the damned thing.

Having alerted the Administrator, I have had a message from Rachel Stothert confirming the Internet team is looking in to it, but she goes on to say that she fears " It will be an ongoing battle "

Alan

Looks like I am the luckiest man alive ,not only did I win a brand new £1000 iphone last week if I just sent £1.98, today I have "won " £1000 !.

I hope no one will be fooled by these scams that appear as a pop up on the Forum.

Alan

Without getting into too technical a discussion, for which I am most definitely not qualified, I can only say that using Safari as my browser (on a Mac OSX operating system) with the addition of Adguard, and DuckDuckGo as my search engine means I never see adverts anywhere. Plus I am subject to much less tracking than would otherwise be the case.

I hear good things about Brave as a browser both because it limits tracking and blocks ads and is quick. Versions of Brave are available for Windows 64-bit, Windows 32-bit, macOS Intel, macOS ARM64 and Linux.

Add DuckDuckGo as your search engine and you should be out of the woods.

DuckDuckGo's search results are on the odd occasion not quite as helpful as Google however it's rare that I need to revert. Good enough and reduced noise/distractions works for me.

It might be worth taking a look.

I had the "You have a message" advert for a nearly-free iPhone display on this forum a couple of days ago - so it's still not being blocked at the Warners end.

As I've opined before I don't think Warner's can stop it, which means it will be down to forum participants to either ignore it or run an advert suppression application on whatever device they are using to access the forum.

We are constantly being told that if it appears too good to be true it probably is and that if you didn't enter a competition how can y ou win so come on folks instead of complaining that something hasn't been done to stop us being conned just take a moment and think.

I only took a look at it as it was on the Forum . You are actually invited to enter the competition, which of course you will always win

No one is going to give you an iphone for £1.98p, but it is a very clever professional website which must have been expensive, so they are hoping to catch someone. Possibly some one might say l`ll give it a go for £1.98 what can I lose ? well your credit card details for one.We all have to be very careful these days and the reason I flagged it up was to alert members about it.

Alan.

Archived