LPG Autogas

Den

Hi Bounty.

That worked perfectly. Thank you.

Funny enough I run a taxi and none of our local taxis use LPG since the 2 places in Worcester stopped doing it.

Morrison’s would be great, if only we had a local one offering LPG

Thanks again for the response

An excuse to take another ride tomorrow ??

Stay safe

Den

BruceM - 2020-05-15 5:07 PM

Or alternatively use the Morrisons website to identify the nearest Morrisons that has a fuel station selling LPG.

The Safefill website has a page listing Morrisons service-stations where Safefill containers may be refilled.

http://www.safefill.co.uk/safefill-refilling-partners-morrisons.html

This late-2019 motorhomer.com discussion

https://motorhomer.com/threads/lpg-availability-again.41313/

includes a December 11 2019 posting from “mistericeman” that quotes the following advice from Morrison’s Customer Services

...The LPG pumps on our forecourts are designed for use with automotive LPG tanks. For

safety reasons we do not allow the refuelling of other types of tank, such as portable

cylinders or fixed tanks used to power domestic appliances in caravans and motorhomes.

We are aware that some domestic tanks or portable cylinders are adapted or designed for

use with automotive LPG pumps. However, our forecourt operators are not in a position to

determine whether a system meets strict industry guidelines and can be considered safe....

Plainly there is an agreement between Morrisons and Safefill, but does anyone know whether the above advice has been revoked by Morrisons regarding refilling other LPG bottles and tanks (eg. a ‘fixed’ Gaslow-bottle system) used by motorcaravanners?

There’s no doubt that, at one time (around 2015/2016) Morrisons were banning motorhomes’ gas bottles/tanks being refilled at their LPG pumps. By mid-2017 the ban seems to have been lifted (see first posting here)

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Morrison-s-and-LPG-good-news-/47018/

but the penultimate posting on that thread indicated that there were still problems then.

My question wasn’t about experiencing problems refilling a motorhome’s LPG bottles/tank at Morrisons, but what the company’s official policy now is. Is refilling ‘fixed’ motorhome LPG bottles/tanks now generally OK, plus Safefill direct-fill bottles that are allowed to be taken to an LPG pump to refill like (say) refilling a jerry-can with petrol? Will other makes of ‘direct-fill’ LPG bottles (mentioned here)

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Safefill-gas-bottles/55154/

be rejected by Morrisons staff, though such bottles will be no less safe (or unsafe) when refillied at an LPG pump?

I always refilled my Gaslow at Morrisons if possible, it's a good price. I telephoned customer services at the Kings Lynn branch and was told there was no problem .Lady said if I had any problem she would tell the operators in the garage it was safe to refill and allow.

Also use

https://www.mylpg.eu/stations/united-kingdom/#map

fairly recently in our area a few of the Jet garages who did stock LPG sold out to Shell and removed some of the LPG.

I talked to someone at Shell and they said that they were only going to run with LPG at garages that were showing a profit.

The other really good advice already mentioned ask a taxi driver

Hi Clive

Your recommended LPG locator worked a treat.

Now in Worcester we have no outlets, which is a pain.

But I found one in Bromsgrove and the price is .599 ltr.

Normally we fill on route to the tunnel, but now we’re not motor-homing and completely empty I’d like to fill up and use the fridge and hot water systems to stop them seizing up.

Thanks again

Stay safe everyone

Den

BruceM has already advised that Morrisons fuel stations have LPG pumps. Are we therefore to assume that the OP has already visited the store at Malvern postcode WR14 1PZ GPS: N52.131939º W2.302763º to find that they do not have such a pump?

Steve H - 2020-05-20 4:01 PM

BruceM has already advised that Morrisons fuel stations have LPG pumps. Are we therefore to assume that the OP has already visited the store at Malvern postcode WR14 1PZ GPS: N52.131939º W2.302763º to find that they do not have such a pump?

In 2017 Morrisons sent me a spreadsheet of all of their stores with LPG filling pumps. I've attached a copy in case anyone is interested.

Malvern is not listed. Of course, that was in 2017 and things may well have changed since then.

MorrisonsLPGSiteListingsSortedBytownAsOfMay2017SinglePage.pdf

Archived