March MMM

Keithl

As I said in my OP, my copy usually arrives early in the week of publication (it was always quoted as a reason to subscribe) but as my February magazine did not arrive at all at the beginning of January (I had to phone and request a replacement), I wondered if the same had happened to my March copy.

I will wait another day and see if it turns up.

Thanks all.

Keith.

bobalobs - 2020-02-06 7:41 PM

Well it may be me but I found the magazine in my local McColls but why am I being charged an extra £1.20 for a campsite listing enclosure which I do not want and which seems to be a fairly regular inclusion?

The Campsite Finder booklet is included once-per-year with MMM Magazine and has resulted in the price of the March 2020 issue increasing from the normal £4.75 to £5.99.

https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/motorhomes/news/get-the-latest-edition-of-campsite-finder-with-the-march-issue-of-mmm

(Other ‘inserts’ are provided occasionally with the magazine, but these normally do not affect the magazine’s price.)

The March 2020 issue includes (on Page 194) a voucher valid for 2 people attending the NEC Show on Wednesday 19 February (£5.50 for seniors, £6.00 for adults) which might offset the £1.24 price increase for those people who have no interest in the Campsite Finder booklet.

The two French major motorhome magazines include the occasional supplement, but it’s possible to purchase either the magazine alone at the standard price, or the magazine + supplement at an increased price. However, when buying from a retail outlet, this involves the extra complexity of the latter having to be ‘packaged’ and the higher price being shown on the package with the appropriate bar-code. And, when the bulky version that covers the annual Le Bourget Show is sold, that issue also has a significantly higher price than normal.

Nobody HAS to buy MMM Magazine. There are cheaper alternatives - Practical Motorhome has a £4.20 RRP and £39 buys a 1-year/13 issues subscription, and there’s a free-to-join Practical Caravan/Motorhome forum (though I’m certain Chatterboxers wouldn’t last long!)

Went to W H Smiths yesterday and they hadn't received any copies.

This usually happens to this months issue, perhaps it is to have enough for the show at the NEC next week.

Daft thing is, you can't buy a copy there only a subscription (which I don't want)

I also Agree where we have to buy a copy of a Campsite guide, I have never in 40 years used a site guide for commercial sites.

Isn't there enough pages of adverts for sites in the magazine anyway?

Pete

breakaleg - 2020-02-07 11:52 AM

Went to W H Smiths yesterday and they hadn't received any copies.

This usually happens to this months issue, perhaps it is to have enough for the show at the NEC next week.

Daft thing is, you can't buy a copy there only a subscription (which I don't want)

I also Agree where we have to buy a copy of a Campsite guide, I have never in 40 years used a site guide for commercial sites.

Isn't there enough pages of adverts for sites in the magazine anyway?

Pete

Pete,

You can buy a single copy of the March MMM online, but it will cost you £6.75 inc P&P.

https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/motorhomes/store/latest-issue/motorcaravan-motorhome-monthly/

Keith.

Hi Keith,

Thank you,

But I don't have them delivered as the postman or woman has a tendency of leaving them sticking out of the letterbox advertising that there isn't anyone at home, not so bad if you are out for the day but not so good if you are away.

Come home one day to find the National trust magazine and handbook just thrown on the floor in the rain, been members for 30 years and every previous mag and handbook has gone through the letterbox, nothing has changed just the postman couldn't be bothered.

Pete

breakaleg - 2020-02-07 2:09 PM

Hi Keith,

Thank you,

But I don't have them delivered as the postman or woman has a tendency of leaving them sticking out of the letterbox advertising that there isn't anyone at home, not so bad if you are out for the day but not so good if you are away.

Come home one day to find the National trust magazine and handbook just thrown on the floor in the rain, been members for 30 years and every previous mag and handbook has gone through the letterbox, nothing has changed just the postman couldn't be bothered.

Pete

We always make sure the Postie has a bottle at Christmas it works wonders.He even drops back in on his way back to base if he missed us earlier that day so we don't have to go and collect a parcel. My wife had a letter delivered last week with just her first name and postcode!

Unfortunately, If w\e have the same postman or woman for more that two day they are classed as regular. lol

Some day we don't see a postman in our road, the post for the past few years comes at all times of the day between about 10:30 to 16:30 not unknow for it to come during the night, we presume that it has been delivered to a Neighbours address

We have had other post delivered to us for people two or three streets away. I have given up on complaining Pete.

Archived