Motorhomes On fire

Hans

Being an avid watcher of YouTube on Van life. a British couple bought an elderly RV in America, they manage to escape from it as it caught fire being driven along the road, what followed was horrendous, they managed to film it from a safe distance. Shocking upsetting footage.

chas - 2022-06-07 8:23 AM

Being an avid watcher of YouTube on Van life. a British couple bought an elderly RV in America, they manage to escape from it as it caught fire being driven along the road, what followed was horrendous, they managed to film it from a safe distance. Shocking upsetting footage.

here

What I find interesting with these people is that their reaction is to film the event (with mostly useable camera work) rather than even attempt any sort of useful action to save anything from the van.

Having spent a considerable time as a photo/video journalist years ago I know this is something that doesn't come natural to many pros dealing with 3rd party disaster events, let alone regular people when they are on the disaster end.

Must be muscle memory of these generations to grab the camera, not the fire extinguisher.

spirou - 2022-06-08 12:13 PM

What I find interesting with these people is that their reaction is to film the event (with mostly useable camera work) rather than even attempt any sort of useful action to save anything from the van.

Having spent a considerable time as a photo/video journalist years ago I know this is something that doesn't come natural to many pros dealing with 3rd party disaster events, let alone regular people when they are on the disaster end.

Must be muscle memory of these generations to grab the camera, not the fire extinguisher.

Yes, those were my thoughts when I first saw it...

It took a passer-by to ask if they'd called 911..which they hadn't. :-S

(luckily they got away without injury)

witzend - 2022-06-07 10:09 PM

chas - 2022-06-07 8:23 AM

here

Blimey that was bad. 8-)

On a happier note these guys bought a fire damaged RV from Copart over the internet so had only seen photos! Collection meant a round trip drive of 27hours and when they arrived to collect it....they saw for the first time what they'd bought.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived