Notch ????

Barcobird

Don’t know if anyone is familiar with this terminology in France.

We have left our Moho at the Pilote factory for rectification work and happened to mention that I wanted the back tone lifted for more ground clearance( a ongoing problem for me) and they have said it could be done in Bordeaux to raise it 6cms at a cost of €600. I have requested details of what it entails and I’ve hit a brick wall other than they keep saying “Notch”.

Any ideas?

Adiebt - 2018-09-27 11:41 AM

A notch is the funny bit on the top of the display of an iPhone X which allows the positioning of a forward facing camera for facial recognition software , hope this helps ! :-D

Thanks for the info but I am referring to the chassis of a motorhome not a phone (lol)

Keithl - 2018-09-27 12:57 PM

I would look at getting Auxiliary Air Suspension added.

I thought Dunlop offered a system for AlKo chassis but I can't find it at the moment. Maybe give Steve at Marcle leisure a call...

http://www.marcleleisure.co.uk/store/suspension-kits-chassis-c-58_139.html

Keith.

Thanks Keith, heading South rather than North.

Billggski - 2018-09-27 6:52 PM

The standard way of raising the axle on a torsion bar suspension (alko?) is to move the tube around a notch or two on the central bar.

Is this what they are on about?

If you search "torsion bar lift" it is quite common on 4x4's.

Could well be but if that was the case it would be a solid lift. I would be better going with the air suspension system, at least it would improve the ride as well as increasing the height.

Barcobird - 2018-09-27 3:33 PM

I thought Dunlop offered a system for AlKo chassis but I can't find it at the moment. Maybe give Steve at Marcle leisure a call...

Keith.

Steve at Marcle Leisure only sells MH accessories, he doesn't fit them, so give him a call and ask him what would be your best option and then if he can help he may be able to mail order a kit to you down South.

Keith.

Keithl - 2018-09-27 7:25 PM

Barcobird - 2018-09-27 3:33 PM

Keith.

Steve at Marcle Leisure only sells MH accessories, he doesn't fit them, so give him a call and ask him what would be your best option and then if he can help he may be able to mail order a kit to you down South.

Keith.

Hi Keith,

I don’t know if you have checked your link but the only item listed for the Alko Chassis is an alarm system for loss of pressure.

derek pringle - 2018-09-28 8:37 AM

hi Barcobird,

one thing may be worth considering is that if you choose 'air suspension' you will also gain on your payload. I do not know if this is the case by just lifting the rear.

cheers

derek

Hi Derek,

We already have the heavy duty chassis so not an issue :-)

flyboyprowler - 2018-09-28 6:35 PM

Forgive my curiosity, but why is the rear end of your van grounding in the first place? Too much weight on the back maybe?

It’s got a long overhang and a scooter rack !

If you check my earlier posts I think last year sometime there were pictures.

It’s certainly not overweight the chassis was upgrade to over 4 ton (lol)

As you’ve said above, you really need air-bellows at the rear and (I believe) a system with an onboard air-compressor that would allow you to easily increase the rear ground clearance significantly when necessary.

Suggest you talk to these people

https://www.vbairsuspension.co.uk/en/

as installing such a system is probably best left to professionals.

Derek Uzzell - 2018-09-28 8:53 PM

As you’ve said above, you really need air-bellows at the rear and (I believe) a system with an onboard air-compressor that would allow you to easily increase the rear ground clearance significantly when necessary.

Suggest you talk to these people

https://www.vbairsuspension.co.uk/en/

as installing such a system is probably best left to professionals.

Thanks Derek another good suggestion, the problem is they are all based in the UK. I have driven up from the Algarve for warranty work and have to go back again and do don’t have the time to come to the UK. I was hoping someone might know of a dealer between Anger and Bordeaux that does this sort of work where’s monique.hubrechts@gm when you need him ?

• 2 weeks later...

To conclude this subject, I went to SLC and they gave me a price of around 12-1300 euros plus fitting 500ish big they needed to see the vehicle first before confirming the price. Then theirs the cat to go on top.

Pilote who have my vehicle at the moment said due to the nature of the chassis ( they have all the details) it would be 3500 euros total (lol)

Looks like I need to start saving, they couldn’t do it until next year anyway !

Archived