Replacement seat squab

maldonmole

Can anyone advise me whether it is possible to replace the driver seat squab (cushion) on a 2013 X250.

The one in our Autotrail Apache has 'sunk' and is very hard. I believe the previous owner/driver was a particularly large person as there is a similar problem with one of the lounge cushions!

Any information would be most welcome.

...looking at ePer, I can't find the part shown separately. Though it's far from a definitive answer, it looks like it may not be available from Fiat (except as part of a full replacement seat).

However, assuming you can remove the seat cover (those added during conversion aren't usually too difficult), this link might be of interest:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Sitzschaum-Fiat-Ducato-3-Typ-250-seit-2006-bis-heute-10-Polsterklammern/142171037012

Care a Van did an excellent job in refurbishing our 2008 Auto Trail Cheyenne. This included the front seat cushions where the driver's side had sunk somewhat. I'd go as far as to say that the refurbishment (including the lounge bench seats) went a long way to making the van sell very easily. This included leather seat panels, free overnight stay - all for a shade over £1000. Highly recommended..

Cruisecontrol - 2019-01-05 11:21 AM

Care a Van did an excellent job in refurbishing our 2008 Auto Trail Cheyenne. This included the front seat cushions where the driver's side had sunk somewhat. I'd go as far as to say that the refurbishment (including the lounge bench seats) went a long way to making the van sell very easily. This included leather seat panels, free overnight stay - all for a shade over £1000. Highly recommended..

And don't forget that MMM subscribers get a 10% discount :-)

Keith.

Robinhood - 2019-01-05 9:31 AM

....having double checked, it would appear that OE replacements should be available from Fiat, but at an eye-watering price.

https://www.fiatdalys.lt/en/catalog/parts/706/1/11/1/4X/0/0/CC2.3/CMBDS/GDX/driver-seat-cushions

...there appears to be two variants.

BLIMEY ! cheaper to buy a new complete seat surely ? A van breakers yard would be my first choice, nearly new written off van....same seats.

Many thanks to all who responded to my question, particularly those who did a bit of research on my behalf.

As I do pretty much all of the work on my motorhome (except gas - and I am a bit too old to drop gearboxes now) I will wait for the weather to warm up a bit and then have the seat apart and see what can be done.

I will report back in due course.

Archived