Strange “ rule “ on campsite

Adiebt

Washing up / laundry / utility room locked from 9pm to 9 am , I’m trying to think of a reason why ???????

I haven’t asked on site as we arrived after reception was shut , it’s all the more incongruous as the site is popularly used as a transit site for the Portsmouth ferries .

Adiebt - 2018-08-28 9:02 PM

Washing up / laundry / utility room locked from 9pm to 9 am , I’m trying to think of a reason why ???????

I haven’t asked on site as we arrived after reception was shut , it’s all the more incongruous as the site is popularly used as a transit site for the Portsmouth ferries .

You don't say which site? I have found this does happen on some sites. I don't think it unreasonable. Now if it was the toilets, that would be a different matter

It seems obvious to me.

Those travelling to or from the continent would obviously like to unload all their used clothing at someone ease's expense before heading home or long journeys across the continent. The driver has a good nights rest while others do the washing which is then reversed next day when motoring.

Will86 - 2018-08-29 9:55 AM

It seems obvious to me.

Those travelling to or from the continent would obviously like to unload all their used clothing at someone ease's expense before heading home or long journeys across the continent. The driver has a good nights rest while others do the washing which is then reversed next day when motoring.

Not sure I agree Will. It is cheaper to wash at home than some of the campsite charges!

PJay

If you consider some wash cycles can take a couple of hours and if you want it for early the following morning it could be annoying to have to leave your washing behind so you could be banging on the wardens door at midnight for him to open up the laundry for you, so close it early. Lets keep the sites quiet as I need my shut eye.

Archived