Yuasa L36efb 100amp - what is the D.O.D of this battery?

trialsrider

Gareth,

I have just looked on Allan's website and he basically states it is 'half way' between VRLA and a conventional battery.

"While it's resting voltage isn't as high as the Varta LFD90's 12.97v it is still higher than a conventional batteries at about 12.8v. So it falls about half way between the VRLA column and the Yuasa YX Micron column in the battery SOC chart further (down) the page."

http://www.aandncaravanservices.co.uk/battery-technology.php

Until Allan returns I would suggest you err on the side of caution and treat it as a VRLA.

Keith.

Keithl - 2019-04-04 1:50 PM

Gareth,

I have just looked on Allan's website and he basically states it is 'half way' between VRLA and a conventional battery.

"While it's resting voltage isn't as high as the Varta LFD90's 12.97v it is still higher than a conventional batteries at about 12.8v. So it falls about half way between the VRLA column and the Yuasa YX Micron column in the battery SOC chart further (down) the page."

http://www.aandncaravanservices.co.uk/battery-technology.php

Until Allan returns I would suggest you err on the side of caution and treat it as a VRLA.

Keith.

Thanks Keith.

I'm guessing it's somewhere between 12.3 and 12.4 then.

trialsrider - 2019-04-04 2:47 PM

Thanks Keith.

I'm guessing it's somewhere between 12.3 and 12.4 then.

As I said previously...

Keithl - 2019-04-04 1:50 PM

Gareth,

Keith.

I would err on the side of caution and use 12.5 V

Keith.

PS And remember that voltage must be 'resting' voltage after all sources of charge and load have been removed for a minimum of two or three hours.

If it helps, you could check out my recent post (title below) on here regarding the charging of these L36-EFB's, as a few people in the know, replied to this.

Mains Charger For Leisure Battery Advice Please!

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Mains-Charger-For-Leisure-Battery-Advice-Please-/51676/

Good luck m

(Edited to add link - Keithl)

mac74 - 2019-04-04 4:03 PM

If it helps, you could check out my recent post (title below) on here regarding the charging of these L36-EFB's, as a few people in the know, replied to this.

Mains Charger For Leisure Battery Advice Please!

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Mains-Charger-For-Leisure-Battery-Advice-Please-/51676/

Good luck m

(Edited to add link - Keithl)

Thanks

I received this reply when I asked Yuasa

Please find the answers to your questions below:

...Fully Charged 100% voltage - 12.75V (consult your controller manual on this, as this voltage represents stabilised battery voltage without surface charge. Surface charge voltage is likely to peak at 13.2V during charging).

...Voltage before re-charge required – ideally no lower than 12.2V to avoid over-discharge. This will ensure longer battery life by avoiding damage by excessive deep-cycling.

...Recommended bulk charge voltage. - 14.4V ± 0.2V on bulk/fast charge.

...Recommended float charge voltage. - 13.6V ± 0.2V.

...Maximum charge voltage permissible. - 14.8V.

Please note that these are only general guidelines for charging and results will vary depending on your equipment specification and usage habits.

End or quote

dipsticks - 2019-04-04 5:02 PM

I received this reply when I asked Yuasa

Please find the answers to your questions below:

...Fully Charged 100% voltage - 12.75V (consult your controller manual on this, as this voltage represents stabilised battery voltage without surface charge. Surface charge voltage is likely to peak at 13.2V during charging).

...Voltage before re-charge required – ideally no lower than 12.2V to avoid over-discharge. This will ensure longer battery life by avoiding damage by excessive deep-cycling.

...Recommended bulk charge voltage. - 14.4V ± 0.2V on bulk/fast charge.

...Recommended float charge voltage. - 13.6V ± 0.2V.

...Maximum charge voltage permissible. - 14.8V.

Please note that these are only general guidelines for charging and results will vary depending on your equipment specification and usage habits.

End or quote

Thanks for that information. Very helpful

Archived