door catch

k99bbb

k99bbb - 2020-04-23 12:16 PM

Just replacing my hab door catch which is fitted to the side of motorhome and the small nut type thing as come out how

do i refit and what is it in too wood or plastic please

You'll have to give us some help here!

What make and model and year is your MH and are you possibly referring to the small plastic 'clip' style device to hold the door open?

Keith.

Thanks for that info Barry,

I believe the side panel of your 2011 AT will be the fibreglass sheet with polystyrene or foam insulation behind. The original catch will almost certainly have been fixed with split or bifurcated rivets which normally require drilling out to replace the catch. If yours has pulled out complete with the rivet then how large is the hole remaining in the side panel?

Can you post a photo of the catch and side of your MH please ( as a .jpg rather than a .jpeg if possible).

Thanks.

Keith.

PS I replaced all of my catches by inserting riv-nuts into the holes then using small machine screws to fix the catches so I can replace them in seconds now whenever they need replacing.

k99bbb - 2020-04-23 12:44 PM

Yes the catch to hold door open it is a

2011 AUTO TRAIL 634 APACHE

Hi Barry

If you go into your Profile and click on location and put you Motorhome details in, it saves being asked each time you post. :-)

Hope that makes sense, stay Safe

Derek

Had the "hold open catch" for the rear locker door on the body of our Auto trail Apache 700 replaced by West Country Motorhomeslast year. As nothing was removed inside the van I think they are actually pop rivets. The van was in for a service and thay only charged me for the new catch so I assume it was a very quick job to replace it.

Cheers and stay safe

John

Archived