wheel clamp security devices

IMP

Does anyone have any recommendations, regards visible motorhome anti theft devices? I have asked Comfort Insurance if they recommend a particular wheel lock, but there response was no - but any one is worthwhile.

Hi Ian,

I have used a Bulldog Centaur CA200C wheel clamp on the front wheel of our MH nearest the road since buying the MH 12 years ago and consider it a VERY visible deterrent.

It is a very robust design and is adjustable to fit multiple sizes of wheel/tyre (obviously only intended to be adjusted on first fitment).

https://www.bulldogsecure.com/view/bulldog-ca2000c-centaur-wheel-clamp/109

Keith.

I also have the Milenco Compact and its easy to fit but once it's fitted check it carefully. On a couple of occasions I thought it was on nice and secure but when I gave it a tug it fell off. I only needed to tighten it a bit more but do check it.

Hi Imp

A couple of years ago I purchased a Milenco Original C14 wheel clamp and have been happy with this. It seems very secure when fitted. The first couple of times I used it, it took a little bit of time but after that it takes no time at all.

High vis colour and around £150.00 quid online.

Our Eldiss motorhome has swivel round front seats and an idea I saw on this forum I used at the same time. Swivel the drivers seat around, drill a hole in both seat base and turn table plate. Then put a suitable bolt through both holes and a padlock through a pre drilled hole. Could act as a deterrent..

Good luck

Keen Canary

As I don't like fiddling about in the rain (living in west Wales this sort of weather is never far away...), I opted for a steering wheel lock instead of wheel lock. Very visible, especially as it won't fit as it should, threaded through the steering wheel, without resting on and setting off the horn (why does the horn still work when the ignition is off anyway, other than to provide entertainment for grandchildren?!), so it's locked onto the top of the wheel with the long bar on show above the dashboard towards the screen. I also put extra locks on the habitation and garage doors, as they looked a weak spot.

100% success rate so far!

They are all reasonable delaying devices and certainly stop the chance theft.

The well organised thieves normally can't be stopped as modern mobile angle grinders are very effective.

Only one or two electronic devices actually stop thieves but again most will only delay theft for a few minutes.

Delay...Delay...Delay...……………….!

Anti theft devices on a specific vehicle are only 'successful' when a thief has had a go and given up.....the vast majority of vehicles that have no extra devices are never stolen....Odd but True!

Archived