The civilized world

donna miller

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
peter - 2008-08-14 9:35 PM

Amazing isn't it? Donna Miller never posts anything on here that is not either rubbish or having a pop at some MAN or other. Just when you think she's gone away, up she pops again. :D

LOL, if only you were intellegent enough to see the irony in that statement.

Guest Tracker

Donna - carry on the good work - I think that you are an intelligent and witty lady and your postings always make me laugh when they are meant to and always make me think (quite an achievement no doubt you will agree) when they are meant to.

The low level contributors who only ever have disparaging and snide comments to make could do worse than to see themselves as others see them.

PS rubberised cheque for membership to the DFC in the post.

donna miller - 2008-08-15 8:26 AM
peter - 2008-08-14 9:35 PM Amazing isn't it? Donna Miller never posts anything on here that is not either rubbish or having a pop at some MAN or other. Just when you think she's gone away, up she pops again. :D

LOL If only you were intelligent enough to be able to spell a simple word like 'intelligent'!

RupertGS - 2008-08-15 8:24 PM
peter - 2008-08-14 9:35 PM Amazing isn't it? Donna Miller never posts anything on here that is not either rubbish or having a pop at some MAN or other. Just when you think she's gone away, up she pops again. :D

LOL If only you were intelligent enough to be able to spell a simple word like 'intelligent'!

Ah but RupertI have never tried to claim that I am intellegent cos Im not, by the way do you still wear those stupid trousers

Syd - 2008-08-15 8:27 PM
RupertGS - 2008-08-15 8:24 PM

Ah but Rupert I have never tried to claim that I am intellegent cos Im not, by the way do you still wear those stupid trousers

And that's why Syd, when you also spelt 'intelligence' wrongly earlier, I never mentioned it and normally never would. But when people like Donna start attacking someone's grammar, as she did to soarer, and accusing people such as Peter of not being intelligent, she ought to remember the old saying about people who live in glass houses!

She's actually not all that bright although I must admit that she's full of a certain amount of agressive bluster.

And yes, I'm still wearing my silly trousers and appearing in the Daily Express. It pays rather well you know!

twooks - 2008-08-15 9:02 PM
RupertGS - 2008-08-15 8:50 PM

. . . . And yes, I'm still wearing my silly trousers and appearing in the Daily Express. It pays rather well you know!

.. does the G stand for Grendel ? B-)
Ha!! the daily Express ehI should have known.

Rupert, my dear man, a couple of observations.

Firstly, you really shouldn't think you will endear yourself to Peter by jumping to his defence like that, Peter is more than capable of giving as good , if not better than he gets, and will no doubt have a cutting reply ready for me when he is good and ready, without any help from others.

Secondly, my deliberate misspelling of the word intelligent, was a ploy to see if you would dive in head first and point it out, thus tricking you into the very act of criticism of someones grammar that you berated me for, Syd further added to the scheme by making the same deliberate spelling mistake. And I'm happy to see you fell for it, hook, line and sinker.

You see Rupert, we all like a laugh on here, we can be serious when needed, lend a sympathetic ear when folks are troubled and generally we all get on, so why dont you drop the "holier than thou" attitude and join in, you never know you may enjoy yourself.

I'll even buy you a drink at the virtual bar, what do you fancy ? vodka and sour grapes :D :D

donna miller - 2008-08-16 3:41 PM Secondly, my deliberate misspelling of the word intelligent, was a ploy to see if you would dive in head first and point it out, thus tricking you into the very act of criticism of someones grammar that you berated me for, Syd further added to the scheme by making the same deliberate spelling mistake.:D :D

Yes of course your bad spelling was deliberate. We all believe you!

nightrider - 2008-08-16 3:59 PM So is Rupert better than anyone else because he can spell words that some others can't? and does Rupert never make a spelling mistake? As long as a post can reasonably be read whats all the beef? There are more things to worry about in this world.

I've no fondness for Rupert who seems a bit abrasive but I think that you're missing the point here. Donna Miller posted an article which she clearly said was true. Soarer pointed out that it was not and was an Internet urban myth. Donna Miller made no attempt to contradict him (as she obviously realised that she'd fallen for it) but simply attacked Soarer for his grammar. Rupert clearly said that he was only having a go at her grammar because, as he said, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. The Internet article was full of errors which any really bright person would have corrected, especially a person who has the temerity to criticise others, as Donna did of Soarer. That's how I've seen it anyway, having read the thread from the beginning. Anyway, I'm out of this as well as it appears that it's impossible to argue with Donna who if she makes an error either says it wasn't or simply ignores any valid criticsm and attacks the other person.

soarer - 2008-08-13 4:51 PM

tosh urban myth you need to get out more

Yes Tom, he politely pointed out my stupidity, and just for yours, I cut and pasted the item, I never personally stated it was true, never spell checked it, and never for one second did I believe it to be factual.

Really, everyone knows BA don't do business class from Johannesburg *-)

The developing problems between Russia and America could see the price of oil going through the roof, at worst, war between the super powers and of course Britain being dragged into the conflict, but not to worry we have our own conflict over here on this group regarding spelling and grammatical errors, ya gotta larf aintcha?

well said gustav.

I noticed on a thread in Motorhom Matters that rupert gets his enjoyment from adding spoiling posts, I am surprised that:

1 other posters bother to respond

2 the moderators dont ban such an obvious trouble maker.

He is not the only one though, I noticed that Donna chose to ignore the little wink by soarer in his post - and actually removed the smiley when she quoted it subsequently.

What makes people behave this way? What perverted pleasure can anyone get from such aggressive and insulting posts, dont these people realise that they are only making themselves look both foolish and obnoxious.

as gustav has said - there are a lot of things happening in the big world outside

ray

War between Russia and America quiet simply will not happen, neither side can afford it.

What might happen is a series of "Proxy" wars in which other small local powers do the fighting for them, supplied with "military advisors" by the big two, until the big two get bored with it, and then it will end.

Gawwwd, I've only been away for a few days and come back and off we go again with the very people (or is it one person??) who claim to be ABOVE the triteness of this site actually starting aggro again. Do they have an inbuilt alarm that goes off when Donna posts so they can jump on her from a great height? As one who admits to being thick as a brush, contributing mainly to Chatterbox cos I am still learning with the other stuff (but do try and help there when I can), I think it's sad world when people can't just have harmless banter without some feeling threatened by it.

If the other site of which you speak is more to your level of intelligence, why not stick on it - or have you been sent here from the Members Bar with your big wooden spoon?

malc d - 2008-08-16 10:14 AM

I thought the interesting bit was when Howie ( 14 Aug ) said he another story which was " really true " - because he read it in a newspaper.

;-) ;-) ;-)

Point taken Malc, but not just any old newspaper. This came from the Daily Mail, the last bastion of truthful and objective journalism.

howie - 2008-08-19 6:46 PM

malc d - 2008-08-16 10:14 AM

I thought the interesting bit was when Howie ( 14 Aug ) said he another story which was " really true " - because he read it in a newspaper.

;-) ;-) ;-)

Point taken Malc, but not just any old newspaper. This came from the Daily Mail, the last bastion of truthful and objective journalism.

You may believe that Howie.

I couldn't possibly comment.

;-) ;-)

Archived