MOTORHOME INSURANCE

Manu

Hi Manu, Breakdown cover 'Caravan Club Mayday' which is Green Flag. Try C.I.S. which is Co-operative Insurance for insurance cover, your local Co-op man will come around and see you with all the details, they are about the cheapest. If you have not made your choice of Motorhome yet have a look at Autosleeper Legend on a Ford Transit rear wheel drive Diesel. Monocoque fibre glass construction, so no coach built joints to leak, and no wood frames to rot. Nice aerodinamic shape so low drag facter. Do not have the problems associated with Fiats etc ( See threads on faults with Fiats, etc: ) Have good long look around before choosing, This Forums 'Uncle Derek' has a wealth of information on most models. My Ford Transit is torque converter automatic so not the best for MPG, but still does 24 MPG on a bad mountainous run, and up to 30 MPG on a long motorway trip. Have fun looking around for your motorhome, but don't rush in, take your time and ponder over all prospects, find a 'layout' you can live with, that is one thing you can not change after you have bought it. "One mans meat is another mans poison" so don't take my advise for anything else than my own choice not yours. Cheers.... have fun.......David.

Hi Manu We've just had a quote from Scenic, I think it's part of the Swinton group. It's £100 cheaper than our renewal quote from the C&CC, although they include UK breakdown for £30,but still shopping around. Our UK/EU breakdown is with RAC Arrivals thru the C&CC and until now I would have sung their praises but having had our van damaged in transit and their refusal to reimburse cost of repair (still pursuing that) has put me right off. Well worth shopping around.

ike

Manu - 2008-10-04 4:05 PM

Hi all...about to purchase a 1999 m/h coachbuilt,any comments on the best deals would be a great help ,c/club member, saga valid, JUST,ha ha, will also need to have brekdown cover !!

Thanks in advance...Phil.

Just renewed mine and after a search Saga came out the cheapest for cover I wanted. I needed it to include long stays in Europe some will only cover for a few weeks. Breakdown I use Brittania as they will cover things like a puncture if you have no spare, and no size limit.

Hi Manu,

We've got ours insured with Highway thru' Adrian Flux, they advertise in MMM. They were the best deal we could find and they didn't make demands like trackers, etc.

As for breakdown cover, we use RAC Arrival thru' the C&CC and they don't have a size limit on the mh.

Keith.

Hi,

We also use Safeguard and they have proved to be excellent, very friendly and in the event of a claim in the first 3 months of ownership (not our fault! :-S ) settled very quickly with no problems at all. The main reason for us choosing them was the costs (very reasonable) and the 12 months cover in UK and EU for full breakdown / recovery.

Good luck in your searches.

Jenny (lol)

Archived