Peugeot/Fiat X250 Panel Conversion/Motorhome

mirage

I have an Adria Twin, registered April 2007, and it's very good indeed. The main thing I've observed with a PVC is that there aren't the usual niggles regarding the conversion. There's a big difference between building a house on a chassis and simply converting a house which was there to begin with.

And the forum-reading I've done suggests there are many more complaints about A and C class conversions than van conversions. The main issue with the latter is they're relatively more expensive for the space you end up with.

Shaun

The market for panel-van conversions is small compared to coachbuilt models, hence (as far as X250-based motorhomes are concerned and assuming that the reported problems affect the complete Citoen/Fiat/Peugeot 'breed) it would be logical to expect fewer complaints about panel-van conversions than about coachbuilts, simply because there are less of the former.

Don't forget though, that the original and most vociferous complainant (Andy Stothert) regarding the SEVEL juddering defect owns a X250 panel-van conversion.

Like Shaun, I also have an Adria Twin. The van drives really well and the engine is very quiet, but we do have a bit of judder when reversing on a field. The conversion is fine although Adria could have increased storage/ worktop space with a bit more thought. I do get a few rattles from the conversion. I have carried out several modifications to improve the conversion side such as improving waste emptying and worktop provision. The Twin is the first motorcaravan that I have had where the fresh water tank empties completely. The bed is very comfortable.

We have a Murvi Morello 160, we absolutely love it. Superior I think in layout and quality build than our 2001 Timberland Freedom before that. Personally would not give a coachbuilt house room too claustrophobic for us, sorry no offence.

Had Airide fitted and is worth every penny

However, we do have the judder even on the flat, have not had the courage to punish it up a steep hill. Also had smoking clutch. If Fiat had come clean I would buy another but the longer they leave it more likely I will switch to a Merc base.

So if its a Fiat WAIT

I'm sure there's any number of happy owners, but they won't be posting as they are to busy getting out their and using it.

Then there will be peoples attitude to their purchase, if you are spending £35,000 on a brand new van and think 'Thats a lot of money I expect it to be purfect' I feel many will be disapointed, cause £35,000 is the bottom end of market, myself I'm a pessimist which has it's advantages, if I find anything that 100% ok I'm over the moon, if it has minor problems, well whatever, if it has major problems it's what I'm half expecting anyway.

Guest JudgeMental

I feel a coach built offers better value for money. More space and better winterisation characteristics. Compact models are available. I find PVC's to narrow and uncomfortable, plus I need a garage for all my stuff......

They (PVC) can be bought LHD from Europe cheaper then here. Karmann and EuraMobil build nice models for approx 40.000 Euro new. Or from 30.000 used (www.mobile.de)

Archived