roon

gaz43

John H - 2008-11-07 11:11 PM

I think the treatment you get depends on the area and I think in some areas, you need to make a fuss before you get the treatment you deserve.

Hope you are feeling better soon Joy.

John.

Thats true John. Treatment and support for my late Father in Law was absolutely first class, but during one of his frequent stays in hospital I got talking to one of the visitors in the same ward who, coming under a neighbouring authority, recieved next to nothing in terms of Social Services help and support.

Really is a disgrace that Joy should have to struggle on simply because of her location and high time everyone was accorded the same acceptable treatment regardless of postcode.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Joys first port of call should be her parents Doctor who will contact Social Services, she should get a visit to see what help she needs, and as she is in poor health herself I would say she has a good chance of getting it. It sometimes depends on what funds you have they will be means tested to see if they will have to pay anything. I hope she gets things sorted soon or her health will take longer to improve :-( please give her my best wishes maggy.

Thank you for your kind words Catinou & Rob, Joy is such a lovely person and friend I just wanted to do something to help so I thought if we put our heads together we could come up with something.. Just come off the phone from Joy and I am glad to say at last she is feeling a lot better in herself so able to cope better. She has followed up with our suggestions and has been in touch with different agencies and beginning to get some help, and possibility of some respite care for her mum & dad which would be good. She still has a long way to go but feels now she has made a start with a bit of a push from her friends she will get the help she needs. The worse part I think is she can get no support off her GP which does not help. I am following a couple of things up and will let you know. Joy sends her love to everyone and says it means a lot to her to know we are thinking of her. Carol.

Carol,

Joy sorry i missed this been so wrapped up in me own thoughts lately .

Sorry for your loss Carol & Ed and sorry you are poorly Joy hope you get better soon my dear . as for mum & dad nothing much in England its terrible you go to their Dr and tell how much you need help he should get the social to you . Failing that phone the social and shout he who shouts loudest and all that gets help first .. Dont pay to be a lady .

I wish you all the best and I am sorry i canr pop around to help you in between the kids at school because I obviously live to far shame as I really wouldnt mind helping you ..

Take care .

• 2 weeks later...
Spoke with Joy today, she is much better now but for the time being is still at her parents home helping them. She has asked me to pass on her love and thanks for all the kind thoughts and wishes and sends a big HUG to all especially to Gaz and Tracker and Dot.Also thanks to Martyn and everyone else for the advice passed on through Carol, she has taken action on it and is now at least on the various waiting lists for assistance and help.

I've had an email from Joy today and she wants to thank everyone for their kind wishes and misses you all.

Things are still a bit tough for her at home, but she's worried about Howie's piles, and K & D because they haven't been on for a while. She also hopes that Rich & Dot are doing OK.

Archived