Fiat central locking

roger20

The new Fiat X250 does not, at least on most of the vans I have seen, have an outside key lock on the passenger side. If the central locking solenoid failed does anyone know how to lock the door?

I can't see anything in the handbook and the mechanic at the main agent I spoke to didn't know either.

There is a small hole above the lock on the inside and a larger plastic cover below but I have no idea whether the door can be manually locked from inside.

Anyone got any ideas?

Hi to manually lock from inside surely you would just push down the buttons.

You have me thinking now re locking if there is no visable lock on the passenger door.

Something has to be somewhere either that or Fiat are extra confident ?

Or is it they think that you should lock from the inside and use the habitation door to get out locking that one on exit ?

There is a door lock button on the dash and when you open the door from the inside it disengages the locking system, also when you lock the vehicle from the key fob if you press the locking button again it will engage the deadlocks "not a lot of people know that"

Perhaps the answer is complicated and/or might be confusing to the non-technically minded and/or may vary according to the vehicle model.

I'm sure that Roger20, once he's been given the low-down by Fiat(UK) and checked that what he has been told actually works, will pass the information on to the forum.

Surprising that there's apparently nothing about this in the Fiat handbook, as the Owner's Guide for my Ford Trasit goes into great detail (13 pages) on lock-related issues.

Still here Michelle. Just waiting to hear if anyone came up with anything.

I will be in touch with Fiat next week and let the forum know what they have to say.

I am encouraged that they are looking at our concerns - a new chapter begins (he says optimistically!)

• 3 weeks later...
roger20 - 2008-11-08 10:43 PM

Still here Michelle. Just waiting to hear if anyone came up with anything.

I will be in touch with Fiat next week and let the forum know what they have to say.

I am encouraged that they are looking at our concerns - a new chapter begins (he says optimistically!)

Any news yet from Fiat UK on this problem?

Hi

Here is the solution from a member of MHF

If you look on the passenger door there is the small hole

If the vehicle battery on the Fiat X250 cab has become discharged, or is not connected, it is still possible to lock both the N/S and O/S front cab doors, following the procedure below:

O/S Driver Door

• The door can be locked by using the ignition key, and inserting it into the

locking barrel, located within the external handle assembly. By turning the

key anti-clockwise, the door can be locked, and turning the key clockwise will unlock the door.

N/S Passenger Door

• Open the cab door, and locate the access hole, directly above the latch

mechanism:

• Using the ignition key, insert the metal key length into the hole, at a

downwards angle. Within the access hole (not visible) is a small plastic hook, and the objective is to slot the key underneath the hook.

• Using the key, lift the plastic hook within the access hole to an upward

position. A small “click” will be felt.

• Close the passenger the door, as normal. The door should then be locked, and can only be opened for the inside, using the interior handle.

Tried to put the pics on but got a server error

Hope this helps

Chris

20th August 2008

Swift Group – Fiat Ducato X250 Cab Locking Procedure

If the vehicle battery on the Fiat X250 cab has become discharged, or is not

connected, it is still possible to lock both the N/S and O/S front cab doors, following

the procedure below:

O/S Driver Door

• The door can be locked by using the ignition key, and inserting it into the

locking barrel, located within the external handle assembly. By turning the

key anti-clockwise, the door can be locked, and turning the key clockwise will

unlock the door.

20th August 2008

N/S Passenger Door

• Open the cab door, and locate the access hole, directly above the latch

mechanism:

• Using the ignition key, insert the metal key length into the hole, at a

downwards angle. Within the access hole (not visible) is a small plastic hook,

and the objective is to slot the key underneath the hook.

20th August 2008

• Using the key, lift the plastic hook within the access hole to an upward

position. A small “click” will be felt.

• Close the passenger the door, as normal. The door should then be locked, and

can only be opened for the inside, using the interior handle.

icdsun sent me some photos via email which illustrates the above procedure quite well. I have now used it to successfully lock my nearside door several times - it is not so easy, but with a little patience, and luck, one can feel the 'click' mentioned and the door is locked.

So, thanks to Roger20 for raising the thread and to icdsun for passing on the solution.

Neil B

• 2 weeks later...
icdsun - 2008-12-02 11:51 AM

20th August 2008

Swift Group – Fiat Ducato X250 Cab Locking Procedure...

Is it possible to post these pictures somewhere, such as Flickr, so everyone can see them?

If you don't have access to a photo-sharing Web site, I'd be happy to upload them if you sent them to me.

Roger

Archived