Washing the MH

tonyfletcher

Hi Tony,

I have a set of 'Ankalad' stabilisers fitted to my extension ladder which means I can use one half as an unsupported step ladder. I can reach right onto the roof of our 3m high MH without the ladder touching the side. Google ANKALAD to find suppliers, they occasionally come up on eBay.

Keith.

Tracker - 2008-11-21 6:14 PM

Patricia - 2008-11-21 4:26 PM

If anyone is interested I have an Ankalad for sale.

Why Patricia? Is it useless?

Tracker I am widowed now and getting too old to run up and down ladders now (although I used to mountaineer)so it is no longer of any use to me.

It wasn't one of you I saw on a campsite earlier this year then..... Saw a chap climb up the back of his van, wriggle along the top on his tummy, lean over the front of his van with sponge in one hand and bucket in other. He started to clean the front of the roof he stretched further and further until the wet soapy roof decided it had had enough and released it's grip sending him sliding forward down the screen, over the bonnet and end up in a crumpled heap on the ground with the contents of his bucket all over him. All this appeared to happen in reasonably slow motion. Of course I waited until I knew he was ok before collapsing with laughter!! If it was one of you then naturally I apologise for laughing but it was one of the funiest things I've ever seen. Personally I think I'll stay with the squashed flies.

Guest Tracker
Patricia - 2008-11-21 6:19 PM

Tracker - 2008-11-21 6:14 PM

Patricia - 2008-11-21 4:26 PM

If anyone is interested I have an Ankalad for sale.

Why Patricia? Is it useless?

Tracker I am widowed now and getting too old to run up and down ladders now (although I used to mountaineer)so it is no longer of any use to me.

Sorry Patricia, hope I did not upset you?

I'd have given a months pay to have been there !

Jasper - 2008-11-21 6:38 PM It wasn't one of you I saw on a campsite earlier this year then..... Saw a chap climb up the back of his van, wriggle along the top on his tummy, lean over the front of his van with sponge in one hand and bucket in other. He started to clean the front of the roof he stretched further and further until the wet soapy roof decided it had had enough and released it's grip sending him sliding forward down the screen, over the bonnet and end up in a crumpled heap on the ground with the contents of his bucket all over him. All this appeared to happen in reasonably slow motion. Of course I waited until I knew he was ok before collapsing with laughter!! If it was one of you then naturally I apologise for laughing but it was one of the funiest things I've ever seen. Personally I think I'll stay with the squashed flies.

I had a local company called (Showroom shines) of Worcester treat the MH and the interior. The black streaks still appear. BUT they clean of easily incl flies. It took him all day and did not cost hundreds. The job was not good, it was brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!! And as you all say his not related but he does clean my vehicles on a weekly basis. His young, dependable very fairly priced and calls to your house. I'm trying to talk him into doing it at the mh shows.

Thanks for that its the best laugh I have had in ages a real classic

Jasper - 2008-11-21 6:38 PM It wasn't one of you I saw on a campsite earlier this year then..... Saw a chap climb up the back of his van, wriggle along the top on his tummy, lean over the front of his van with sponge in one hand and bucket in other. He started to clean the front of the roof he stretched further and further until the wet soapy roof decided it had had enough and released it's grip sending him sliding forward down the screen, over the bonnet and end up in a crumpled heap on the ground with the contents of his bucket all over him. All this appeared to happen in reasonably slow motion. Of course I waited until I knew he was ok before collapsing with laughter!! If it was one of you then naturally I apologise for laughing but it was one of the funiest things I've ever seen. Personally I think I'll stay with the squashed flies.

Archived