Pyjamas or housecoat

nightrider

I also read in either the MMM mag or the C&CC magazine of a guy who said that in his opinion there were not enough ethnic minority people within the camping fraternity and that more should be done to encourage them? so what does he suggest? that they should be given government grants to enable them to buy a caravan or a motorhome? shades of political correctness.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ohgrandma - 2008-11-30 9:49 AM

I used to wear pretty housecoats or kaftans. to the shower block, in the mornings, If I felt quite carefree and in a couldn't care less frame of mind,

I would wear a short one, Show a little bit of leg first thing in the morning,

does wonders for the early morning men off for their showers.But, If I

felt shy, I would wear a long housecoat, and then walk back all refreshed

and take ages wondering what to wear for the day ahead. But, when you think about it. No one batts an eye. when some stroll in just wearing Bikin's. Funny old world, isn't it ? Ria. (lol)

When camping in France and Spain when its warm I always go to the shower in my bikini with just shower gel by the time you have walked back you are dry, and your bikini is washed and no wet towel. In Britain its dressing gown whats the problem. Perhaps its the short housecoats which cause the eyebrows to raise especially when you drop something on the way there!! :$

RupertGS - 2008-11-29 10:21 PM
Mel B - 2008-11-29 9:39 PM Grumpy old men alert!!!!!!! :D I have actually had the misfortune to use a 'less than the usual high standard' shower block at a Caravan Club site - all be it an affiliated one. It was at a racecourse - the shower control knob was broken off so you had to try to turn the remains of the knob with your fingers stuck into it, the shower cubicle itself wasn't the cleanest and all in all, if I hadn't really wanted to wash my hair etc I would have gone 'smelly' instead. :$ This was just on the one site though and was quite a few years ago now (before we had the full facilities on board). Even though our 'van has a very good shower etc, if the block is good, I will use it - why not? That's what your paying for surely and it saves all the moping up afterwards ... mind you, on a cold winter's night, I'll stick to my van's facilities. :-S

Grumpy Middle-Aged Woman Alert!

Banging on about a less than satisfactory site ten or fifteen years ago! Or maybe even longer?

Try a CC site this century, you may be pleasantly surprised! Oh, forgot, you probably object to the inclusive electricity as well!

Excuse me Rupert, I'm not as ancient as you, it was in this century, and I did say it was only on one site I had experience of this. Now run along and bury your head back up your **** there's a good chap!

Mel B - 2008-11-30 1:29 PM
Mel B - 2008-11-29 9:39 PM Grumpy old men alert!!!!!!! :D I have actually had the misfortune to use a 'less than the usual high standard' shower block at a Caravan Club site - all be it an affiliated one. It was at a racecourse - the shower control knob was broken off so you had to try to turn the remains of the knob with your fingers stuck into it, the shower cubicle itself wasn't the cleanest and all in all, if I hadn't really wanted to wash my hair etc I would have gone 'smelly' instead. :$ This was just on the one site though and was quite a few years ago now (before we had the full facilities on board). Even though our 'van has a very good shower etc, if the block is good, I will use it - why not? That's what your paying for surely and it saves all the moping up afterwards ... mind you, on a cold winter's night, I'll stick to my van's facilities. :-S

Grumpy Middle-Aged Woman Alert!

Banging on about a less than satisfactory site ten or fifteen years ago! Or maybe even longer?

Try a CC site this century, you may be pleasantly surprised! Oh, forgot, you probably object to the inclusive electricity as well!

Excuse me Rupert, I'm not as ancient as you, it was in this century, and I did say it was only on one site I had experience of this. Now run along and bury your head back up your **** there's a good chap!
You tell him Mel, I'm with you all the way, the mans a bounder, got to be with a name like Rupert, bet he wears yellow check pants too.

I dont see the point of getting dressed only to get undressed again in the small confines of a shower cubicle, I go to the shower block in a nice warm fluffy robe, my underpants and a pair of flipflops, so it is easy to shuck down and jump under the shower, dont like the cold floor tiles hence the flipflops, Oh nearly forgot, I wear my hat if it is raining (a Homburg)

I can't understand these people who say that they don't use camp sites, where do they stay then? I like the campsites because you can interact with other campers from all over the country and have a jolly good laugh, met some really nice people over the last few years.

Ah Mel, I can see from your reply that you're a real lady.

Did I see you on a site at York not long ago? Walking to the shower, wearing a gaping dressing gown and mules on your feet. There was a fag hanging from your mouth but what I really enjoyed you little minx was that subtle flash of cellulite from those upper thighs!

Bursti, Yes, but wearing just a short housecoat, you must be careful not to drop anything, But, I am sure more than one gentlemen would offer to pick it up for me. If not they would have to suffer the consequence. of seeing me bend over to pick "whatever" up. Have you ever noticed while on site. the " holdalls " that some people take into the shower blocks, ?

Ria. (lol)

RupertGS - 2008-11-30 3:04 PM

Ah Mel, I can see from your reply that you're a real lady.

Did I see you on a site at York not long ago? Walking to the shower, wearing a gaping dressing gown and mules on your feet. There was a fag hanging from your mouth but what I really enjoyed you little minx was that subtle flash of cellulite from those upper thighs!

Knight of the road I can't understand these people who say that they don't use camp sites, where do they stay then? I like the campsites because you can interact with other campers from all over the country and have a jolly good laugh, met some really nice people over the last few years.
Knight ... I do agree with you, you can meet some really nice folk but I think you can see why I don't frequent campsites very often ... when you get people like Rupert on it 'oggling' the females (and males ???) why would I want to stay on one???? Rupert - Not sure who you spotted ... unless of course it was your wife who you were inadvertently oggling without your glasses on!! I think you need to go to Specsavers my dear.

Guest Tracker
davenewell@home - 2008-11-29 7:20 AM

Tracker - 2008-11-28 8:50 PM

You won't catch me leaving a warm, clean, quiet and dry motorhome for a shower in a grubby, cold, wet and/or noisy shower block!

However, as for those who do choose to entertain us by so doing, who cares what they wear - we are on holiday for heavens sake - chill out a bit and relax and smile!

I've never yet seen a "grubby, cold, wet and/or noisy shower block" on a Caravan Club site, every one I've been to had a nice clean warm quiet dry shower and toilet block.

D.

Well spotted Dave - and thanks for taking the bait - but you seem to be slowing down a bit as it took you nearly 24 hours this time!

Guest Tracker
RupertGS - 2008-11-30 6:24 PM
Mel B - 2008-11-30 4:33 PM Me thinks thou doust protesteth too much ..... (lol) :D

No really, I simply don't know what oggling means! What does it mean please, do tell?

Has it never occurred to you Rupert that you could make some friends, become less disliked and at the same time become more credible simply by learning when to cease your interminable and antagonistic pedantry and then starting to post constructive and informative messages?It's up to you?

I think we should stop 'feeding the Trolls' - they just make the place look untidy.

ie:

Trolling is the word used to describe a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of offending and winding up the members of the forum community. Posts of this nature are disruptive and do not convey a friendly attitude. It is advised to ignore these types of post.

Tracker - 2008-11-30 6:38 PM
RupertGS - 2008-11-30 6:24 PM
Mel B - 2008-11-30 4:33 PM Me thinks thou doust protesteth too much ..... (lol) :D

No really, I simply don't know what oggling means! What does it mean please, do tell?

Has it never occurred to you Rupert that you could make some friends, become less disliked and at the same time become more credible simply by learning when to cease your interminable and antagonistic pedantry and then starting to post constructive and informative messages? It's up to you?

Oh don't be such a miserable bugger Tracker! You enjoy coming on this site and trying to wind people up by making sly remarks about people who use camp sites.

I enjoy coming on this site and seeing you all dance like about like puppets when someone has a go at some of the more unpleasant ones such as GJH and Donna who think that they're such wonderful drivers, when in fact they're the kind of pain in the bum that every proper driver dreads being in front of them.

Leave me to have my fun now and then, you've been doing your winding up for ages, now let me enjoy myself for a while!

Have fun!

J9withdogs - 2008-11-30 6:44 PM I think we should stop 'feeding the Trolls' - they just make the place look untidy. ie: Trolling is the word used to describe a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of offending and winding up the members of the forum community. Posts of this nature are disruptive and do not convey a friendly attitude. It is advised to ignore these types of post.

I agree entirely - I presume we're talking about Tracker here?

Hey J9, looks like the troll can read some English ... shame he hasn't learnt to understand what it means though.

To get back on thread ... I prefer to get changed into some lighter clothing, that is easier to put back on after a shower, ie a wrap-around skirt which saves having to worry about getting it damp on the floor whilst trying to put it on after the shower, a pair of sandals, and a loose fitting top (or one that buttons up) is much easier, especially when my hair is wet, as I can slip it over my turbi-towel and then go back to the van to dry my hair using the lovely electricity I've paid for in my site fee whilst at the same time doing my bit of 'care in the community' by giving some of the oggling trolls something to complain about and take their minds off their own little worlds for a while.:-D (lol)

ohgrandma - 2008-11-30 3:05 PM

Bursti, Yes, but wearing just a short housecoat, you must be careful not to drop anything, But, I am sure more than one gentlemen would offer to pick it up for me. If not they would have to suffer the consequence. of seeing me bend over to pick "whatever" up. Have you ever noticed while on site. the " holdalls " that some people take into the shower blocks, ?

Ria. (lol)

If I witnessed a female camper bending over in a short housecoat the sight would probablly make me throw up my breakfast.

Mel B - 2008-11-30 7:27 PM Hey J9, looks like the troll can read some English ... shame he hasn't learnt to understand what it means though. 

Sorry, but I still don't know what 'oggle' or 'oggling' means. I've checked the Oxford English Dictionary and it's not there. I found 'toggle', which is what you fasten a duffle coat with. I also found 'boggle', which is to confuse someone, as you're doing to me with this 'oggling' business.

So I give in, where did you get this 'oggle' word from and what does it mean?

Archived