Caravan Club (Groundhog) Day.

jonimac

michele - 2008-12-05 9:30 PM
RupertGS - 2008-12-05 7:38 PM
Brian Kirby - 2008-12-05 6:40 PM
RupertGS - 2008-12-05 4:36 PM

...............I accused Brian of having an arrogant attitude to those of us who book sites in advance because he used the phrase "What nonsense it all is".

In his reply he admitted that, from certain viewpoints, it could seem arrogant. ..................

Rupert

You really are being trying.  I took a very deep breath indeed before I replied to your post as I did. 

I did so because what you actually said was, and I quote "I really do object to the arrogance of people like this who assume that only their method of motorhoming is sensible."

Now, in truth, that is not calling my attitude arrogant, it is calling me arrogant.

That, is a public judgement on my character, not on my opinion.

And that, I submit, is true arrogance. 

Are you really surprised that you offend so many, so easily?

Remember, the cock who crows loudest often sits atop the biggest dung hill.

I'm sorry if you find me trying but if you really want to know..........

This is the final part of your post:

"I bought a motorhome to be free to wander, not to be tethered to pre-booked sites for a year in advance.  What nonsense it all is!"

That is arrogance! Like so many of the 'free to roam brigade' you seem to view those who wish to book a site, and particularly those who feel the need to book it well in advance, as some kind of lesser mortals.

Quite frankly I'm sick to death of this attitude that real motorhomers don't book sites and have this wonderful free and easy existence. It comes across so many times from various people.

"What nonsense it all is." What does this mean then? If it is only supposed to refer to the booking frenzy, as you call it, it certainly doesn't read like that and there's no doubt that you are very capable of writing exactly what you want to say, without any lack of clarity.

So just to be clear - I believe that your post shows an arrogance, which, by definition, means that you can be arrogant and I certainly think that you were on this occasion.

You Pompus Dip stick Rodney :D quite frankly I,m sick to death ...i wished you were Keep taking the pills :D Oh nearly forgot Peace and goodwill to all men ,have a nice Xmas .

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived