Winnebago Volkswagen Rialto T4 2.4TD

embee

Hi,

Just a quick to clarify my remarks about my interest in VW VIN identity to enlighten our non UK readers (and others).

I am one of many One Make Motor Club officials who are authorised by the DVLA (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency) to provide a dating service for the registration of vehicles that were not registered by them when new. i.e. Imports etc. The requirement of the DVLA is to establish the manufacturing date of the base vehicle (not its first use date) to issue an appropriate Registration Mark for that vehicle.

Anyone with a vehicle requiring this confirmation should visit the DVLA website http://www.dvla.gov.uk/ and follow the 'Vehicle Information' link.

Please note that my involvement is for Volkswagen vehicles only and is carried out on behalf of the Volkswagen Owners Club (GB) http://www.vwocgb.com

emmbee

You might also speak to Paul Dudley at Dudley's American Motorhomes. He is a friendly, helpful chap and I'm sure will be willing to check if it was indeed one of the imported German models. If it is then they were all still 'brand new, unused' and with no mileage to speak of when they arrived in the UK even though they were, by then, about 6 or 7 years old!!

David

Sorry, also meant to add that the reason we didn't buy one was that the Rialta we did buy was a one owner part ex that Paul had just taken in (owner bought a new model at around £70,000 UK spec!!) and it was a 2.8 VR6 petrol instead of the diesel.

Ours was the same layout and we also found the rear bed very uncomfortable but it can be improved with a mattress topper. We also removed one of the large second row seats (UK offside) and I built a shallow cupboard giving more kitchen storage and worktop ,on that side, which could be removed when we came to sell it again.

David - The company selling the Rialta are going to talk with Dudley's this morning they say, and perhaps be able to shed more light on this vehicle.

Yep, brand new and unused but what year would a dealer say it was when you come to trade it in for some thing else? This one I have been looking at, is advertised as a 1997, but I know it is either a 1995 or 96 Winnebago with an earlier engine, as Frank pointed out. Can't find that out yet as the VIN plate remains hidden some where.

I had no idea they were so expensive and when compared to European MH's, I think they are way over priced for what you get.

Mike

VW T4 Chassis numbers are here http://www.vwbooks.co.uk/t4.htm

Second item down in the list of links.

Note using the full 17 digit VIN:-

10th digit is the model year (not calendar year) of production but the table on my website will define the month.

11th digit is the manufacturing plant, mostly 'H' for Hanover although some later ones are 'X' for Poznan in Poland.

Archived