Wheel clamp for Fiat Ducato

jonimac

Hello folks. I'm still trying to source a suitable wheel clamp. I did get some helpful advice as usual from the forum but still have difficulty. I bought and have just returned a Milenco ML3 clamp from Towsure who I have to say have been very helpful.

My wheels are 225/75 R16 on a Sundance 630L. This clamp although advertised as a motorhome clamp couldn't fit over the hub cap cover no matter how I tried. I've just sent an email to Bulldog who hopefully can help and I seem to recall (mind is slowly fogging up now) that they were recommended by one of you good folks.

Sorry for being a bore but is there anyone out there with the same problem who managed to solve it?

Grateful thanks....John.

Hi jonimac,

I replied to your earlier question saying that I use a Bulldog Centaur CA2000C wheelclamp on the 15" wheels on our Merc. It is an adjustable wheelclamp and the range of sizes it fits is detailed in a download on Bulldogs website at:

http://www.bulldogsecure.com/bulldog.shopfront/product/51/uSID310907-714-662

I must add that it did not fit very well over the centre cap of the Merc's wheel which sticks out beyond the wheel centre, but I overcame this be fabricating a collar out of a strip of steel which was about 40mm wide and that fits over the wheel nuts.

I did email Bulldog and they said they would supply a larger, dished centre plate but I felt this was too big for the wheels and hence found my own solution.

After a bit of practice I can fit or remove it in under a minute.

Keith.

Hello John,

I found a similar problem with my Trigano Tribute 650, which has 15" alloy wheels, and bought a Bulldog EM4X4SS Euroclamp. This does not go near the hub, so fits easily.

It, of course, leaves the wheelnuts exposed, so I've also bought a set of Fiat approved locking wheelnuts.

It might not be an optimal solution but I feel happier with it than without.

Roger

little-jack - 2008-12-23 5:39 PM

Hope you dont mind me asking, where did you get your locking wheel nuts from?

From the Fiat dealer near where I was staying. I believe they're a standard item, although not always held in stock. 'My' dealer had to order them but they arrived next day. Cost around £30.

Merry Xmas!

Roger

Archived