Those "Explicit" roadway cameras on Google

libby

Hi Libby

They are here and can see your motorhome - if it was home on the particular day that your area was snapped. It is even possible to see places through 360 degrees and tell what time of day the picture was taken.

I like to see things on Google, it prepares me especially when it is in USA. However it seems an invasion of privacy when it is my property that is so open to view.

NIMBY !!

Joyce

We run our business on Ebay , last week one of our very regualar customers wrote and was telling us about her house and the weather. We put her address into search and the pictures were amazing.

She backs on to the huge river (could be the Hudson can't remember) in Quebec, Canada, has a swimming pool in a massive garden. Suddenly we both felt really guilty as though we were sat on her drive with binoculars.

Amazing technology though !!!

Mandy

Being from the old school of complete and utter unawareness of the intricacies of the wonderful world of google I can't find these things. A guiding hand would be appreciated to raise my awareness and broaden my knowledge.

Porky well fed and happy but lost in the google swamp.

Of course any burglar looking at my place would find would be quite disapppointed if they used it to plan a mission. The picture is at least three years old and, as I understand it, this is fairly common. The building I worked in from the middle of 2002 hasn't been built yet acording to Google Earth.

Are these the "Explicit" roadway cameras that you mean?

The mapping on Google doesn't appear to be as up to date as the mapping on About-my-place (Microsoft's Virtual Earth pictures):

http://www.aboutmyplace.co.uk

I've just done a comparison of where we are on both and Google has our Rapido on and judging from the state of the gardens, it must be at least 2.5 years old, whereas About-my-place has our current van showing so it's less that 2 years old.

I also like the 'Bird's eye' view on About my place ... it's great fun!

Archived