Scotland

Mad Cow

Sorry! also meant to say that Alnwick Rugby club used to allow o/night stays so maybe worth checking that out too. Don't try to park o/night on the beach at Alnmouth further down the coast. You will be asked to move. However it's a beautiful spot to park up during the day and the village has pubs, restaurants, small shops.

ike

ike

Ned Swift - 2009-02-04 5:40 PM

Has anyone stayed on Holy Island overnight?

That is intentionally, not trapped by the rising sea!!

(?)

Nautical Ned

edited by Ned as he has lost his ability to spel

Yes Ned, we have!

We 'stranded' ourselves once on purpose - we could've got off if we wanted to but it was so lovely. We had a ticket for the car park and stopped there overnight. We had a lovely tea, watched a beautiful sunset whilst chatting to some of the locals who had come down to the beach to watch it, and a great peaceful night. We left no trace of our being there except a crumpled parking ticket in the bin!

1454185598_lindesfarnesunset.jpg.b7b2dbfb8ad6bee8231e2c4363391cf1.jpg

1719198224_lindesfarnecropped.jpg.51ef73a57004080b84683eae4750f589.jpg

If you go by Moffat, you can stop at the nature centre - forgotten it's name. From there you can walk up the left hand side from the centre to the waterfall (short walk). If you have more time you can walk up the right hand side and go above the waterfall and it takes you up on top of the mountain (not strenuous) and the views up there are wonderful and there's a surprise! I won't tell you what it is, but for me it was beautiful and well worth the walk!! Oh yes just remembered it's called 'Grey Mare's waterfall', the centre is off the main road. Depending on what time of year you go, they had a camera connected upto a peregrin nest so you could watch from the centre.

ike - 2009-02-06 5:26 PM

There's also a C&CC site at Beadnell...In the village itself there are a couple of pubs and a beautiful sandy beach.

There's also (or was when I was there) an Internet cafê opposite the church. Does a nice hot bacon butty in the morning.

Seahouses has an excellent seafood shop that smokes its own kippers.

A few miles south of Beadnell is Craster, which is also famous for its kippers and is close to Dunstanburgh, a dramatic ruined castle.

Not the we're trying to sell you on the area in any way! 8-)

Roger

Nice one Rapido-Lass, but names Grey Mares Tail.

I realise there's others got that name on their tongue's/key board fingers but I got there first.

The falls are not on the Devil's beef Tub road out of Moffat, A701, but on the A708 to Selkirk. About 4 miles out of Moffat.

Walkable, yes, to you mountaineers, from Moffat Caravan site.

Peregrin Falcon's, mmm, nice one, NTS.

Happy Motorhoming,

Gordon..

Archived