thermal blinds

francheezy

Hi

i am new to all this so bear with me please,i am looking for interior thermal blinds for a 2003/04 citreon relay/fiat ducato hi-top campervan, i want blinds for the front cab and also for the windows on the rear doors of the van, can anyone tell me where i can purchase both.

many thanks in advance for any help.

Hi Francheezy and welcome to the forum.

Marcle leisure list internal blinds on their website, Blinds.

They also stock material by the metre and all the edging and suckers to make your own for the rear doors. You may have to search their site to find it or give them a call for the price.

All the best,

Keith.

Edit. I've just found the material. You'll need to copy and paste the pdf link into your browser to read it.

We ordered internal blinds for our rear windows from Taylor Made. After 11 weeks of waiting, I rang to chase the order. Was told they had been sent out the previous week, but when they checked, they had sent them to someone who hadn't even ordered any! I said I was not prepared to wait any longer, so they said they would make some more that night and send them out. They did, but I don't know what they were on when they cut them out because they are nothing like the right size or shape for our van. I just couldn't stand the hassle of returning them and waiting another 3 months for replacements, so we try to make do. I really would not recommend this company. The people are very nice but they had to keep stopping production due to various medical problems/operations. When you try to call everything is vague and they don't seem to be able to keep track of their orders.

i have used taylormade in the past and found them to be exactly the opposite, fast and efficient ,very nice people who bend over backwards to help .i am about to change my van and will use them again without hesitation

just goes to show how two peoples experience of a company can differ.

The interior insulating 'screens' for my Hobby's cab-windows came from Van Comfort. See:

http://www.vancomfort.co.uk

They seem to be well made and insulate as well as one might reasonably expect with this type of product. The screens for the cab side-windows needed to be radically modified (cut into two separate pieces) to fit behind the Hobby's REMIS concertina blinds. I knew this would need to be done before ordering the screens from Van Comfort, so it's not a criticism of that company and it would have been necessary for any single-piece side-window screens marketed for a Mk 6 Transit. However, it did prove that DIY-ing insulating screens can be a pain as the multi-layer material is tough on domestic sewing-machines.

Other suppliers of insulating screens are CAK (can also provide the materials) and

http://www.motorcaravanning.co.uk/shopuk/insulation_int_ext.htm

Archived