AUTOTRAIL on MERC

Manu

Hi all...do hope youre all enjoying THE SUNSHINE ,just about to purchase a 2005 Dakota on a Mercedes auto box,can anyone tell me how many ignition keys should be with it ??? please, 30000 miles on it ,would you say , not even run in yet !!!

Hi Phil,

We got 2 ignition keys with our 2004 Cheyenne, both have full function remote locking fobs.

For interest our Merc has only done 13,000 miles in it's 5 year life so is not even nearing being run in, but it drives (and reverses) absolutely fantastic.

If you do buy it why not consider joining the ATOC, we're going on a factory visit with them in 2 weeks time and are looking forward to seeing where ours was built.

Keith.

Hi manu,

You should have 2 keys with the Mercedes, they are a brilliant machine with an Auto-trail body on them, its a great pity that auto-trail stopped building on them. I tried to order a new one on a Merc chassis but they refused. I have had to order one on the 3ltr Fiat chassis which hasn't gone down very well so I am hoping that it's going to be judder free. I have been told it is now at the dealers so I'm going over to give it a road test this coming week, I've been waiting since last October for it to be built. I will be at the Auto-trail open day at the factory shortly, it's a good day out and you are able to talk to the management and order any parts that you might need, they also use it as an opportunity to dispose of old fittings at greatly reduced prices. Last year I bought a table top for £4, an absolute bargain.

The Mercedes I am traiding in is in perfect condition, being a Chyenne rear lounge with 18,000 on the clock and has sprung driver and passenger seats, Fiats don't have sprung seats. Someone is going to get a good motorhome.

Archived