Ace Airstream gas pipe query

andy mccord

I replaced my standard gas pipe lead with a stainless steel one this weekend, but i noticed on the original one there is a elbow that has a green button on it that when pressed a slight sound of gas moving can be heard, this item will not mate up with my new steel one, so I have just fixed it direct from the reg to the bottle, is this likely to cause me any problems?

Regards

Andy

Guest Tracker

Sorry couldn't make the link work?

Have you tried asking the manufacturers / suppliers / dealers - they should know?

Andy,

From what I've read on recent posts a 'Secumotion' is a device which cuts off the supply of gas if a pipe or hose is fractured. You press the green button to reset it. I believe it is a legal requirement in certain countries to allow the use of gas appliances whilst on the move. Try Googling 'Secumotion' for more info.

I'm sure others will be along with more info later.

Keith.

Andy

Keithl is correct.

Truma's DriveSafe/SecuMotion system comprises a special gas-hose and a special regulator. Replacing the Truma 'push button' hose with a hose having a different design means that the resultant system will (presumably) no longer comply with the regulations DriveSafe/SecuMotion is intended to meet.

I don't believe changing the hose will cause you any practical problems, though (in principle at least) having the 'wrong' hose might make you legally vulnerable if you ran your motorhome's gas-heater while travelling in countries (like France) that have specific rules about doing this unless technically approved equipment is fitted to the vehicle.

Archived