blown air heating system

duetto owner

our autosleeper has blown air system which runs of fuel or mains and is very efficient but the drawback is at times it has a background ticking type noise and also a knocking noise.

not too bad during the day with background noise but at night its like sleeping in a room with a loud dripping tap.

I have been told it could need rubber bungs, its the ignition firer going all the time.

the vehicle went for repairs today and they have insulated it and thats its normal noise. After any comments/advice.

We have the same model as you and do not find the noise obtrusive. The clicking of the fuel pump when running on diesel is certainly audible, but frankly we do not mind it at all and after a bit, do not even notice it. We find that running on electric is nosier as the fan speed is consistently high, unlike the rising and falling note when using diesel.

thanks for the feedback, one had one weekend away so far, so perhaps we may get used to it, was running off mains hook up and kept awake on/off for the three nights.

The dealer has now put in some insulation so will wait to see how that works.

had thought this noise was a fault rather than the norm.

Noise is a subjective issue, what I find OK may be unacceptable to you. I am basing my comments on the van that we use and its noise level, it is possible that your van could be noisier, or even defective. Best advice is to compare it with another Duetto if at all possibel.

Guest Tracker

The noise that you hear from diesel heating depends to a large degree on where it is located in relation to your ears when in bed and just maybe sleeping the other way round might help - if you see what I mean!

The ticking is the fuel pump and they all do it - and it's nothing compared to the combustion roar when heard from outside the van.

Some extra insulation might help but I have my doubts and there is not a lot you can do except make sure that the window and door rubber seals are sealing fully as a gap will let in a lot of noise - and wind and cold air too.

One more thing - is it fully sealed to the van floor as missing sealant will also let noise in.

I'm going to ask a silly question, why do you have heater running all night? Is the insulation on your van that bad?

If on mains you could use a small oil filled rad, a bit more kit to carry but dead quite.

colin

its has a thermostat and comes off and on during the night. the heater is under the seat which in turn becomes the bed at night, during the day it is barley noticeable due to background noise. But at night it is hard to ignore while trying to sleep.

The noise of the fan is very light and not a problem just the dripping tap like noise.

Hi duetto owner,

Is the fuel pump separate to the heater or is it an integral part? The pump for the Eberspacher on our Merc is mounted on the chassis rail just in front of the fuel tank and a long way away from the heater.

If it is separate then it would be worth mounting on isolator rubbers, as you have had the heater mounted, to stop the transfer of noise. If integral then you will already have isolated it.

Keith.

• 1 month later...

FIXED AT LAST

Went to the eberspacher centre and they fixed it in 10 mins just needed a cable tie to stop it knocking the framework. The rubber bungs were in place but had little effect, neither did additional insulation.

now silent running heating system.

Archived