Avon skin so soft, which one?

lennyhb - 2009-06-06 2:16 PM

Good old garlic eat loads keeps everyone away including the midges.

Seriously it does work you can take the odourless capsules need to be taking them for 2/3 weeks before going away, the smell that your skin gives off is undetectable to humans but drives the midges away.

Nar be a man & eat the real stuff.

I used to think that eating Garlic was just an old wives tale. However, I love Salami's and eat them in UK as well as in Europe. The test, ex-wife didn't like Salami or anything garlic and was often bitten quite badly, coming up in big blisters. Myself, nothing at all (!) I am no biologist but have been told that some sort of chemical comes comes out in sweat that mosquito's, midges don't like. Works for me :-D

Big Momma - 2009-06-07 6:48 PM

lennyhb - 2009-06-06 2:16 PM

Good old garlic eat loads keeps everyone away including the midges.

Seriously it does work you can take the odourless capsules need to be taking them for 2/3 weeks before going away, the smell that your skin gives off is undetectable to humans but drives the midges away.

Nar be a man & eat the real stuff.

I used to think that eating Garlic was just an old wives tale. However, I love Salami's and eat them in UK as well as in Europe. The test, ex-wife didn't like Salami or anything garlic and was often bitten quite badly, coming up in big blisters. Myself, nothing at all (!) I am no biologist but have been told that some sort of chemical comes comes out in sweat that mosquito's, midges don't like. Works for me :-D

I'm really happy for ya, but as I can't stand garlic your post is not actually helpful :-( .

D.

Well I shan't bother with Avon skin so bloody soft again! Total failure. Jacqui and I both look like we've got the plague! We plastered ourselves with it and it did seem to be working at first but then the midges seemed to decide they liked it. I swear it was attracting them instead of repelling them.

Perhaps nobody told the Welsh midges they weren't supposed to like it?

D.

Dave,

You need to try a Bug Band. When you don't need to wear them any longer they can be returned to their container and saved for another day. My OH has been using one for over a year now and swears by it as she normally gets bitten alive.

Give one a try.

Keith.

Guest JudgeMental
well it worked fine for my family at Easter in Goa.......None of us were bitten. will be trying it again in Italy as lots of mossies there *-)

davenewell@home - 2009-06-15 8:29 PM

Well I shan't bother with Avon skin so bloody soft again! Total failure. Jacqui and I both look like we've got the plague! We plastered ourselves with it and it did seem to be working at first but then the midges seemed to decide they liked it. I swear it was attracting them instead of repelling them.

Perhaps nobody told the Welsh midges they weren't supposed to like it?

D.

Ah ... there's lovely! :D Perhaps they just found you absolutely irresistable Davey Boyo ... like the rest of us girls! :$

As for Jacqui ... mayby it was the rest of the female midges who couldn't get a piece of you trying to see off the competition! 8-) (lol)

JudgeMental - 2009-06-15 8:42 PM

well it worked fine for my family at Easter in Goa.......None of us were bitten. will be trying it again in Italy as lots of mossies there *-)

I'm very pleased for ya Judge but it didn't work for us in Wales :-( , I've got bites in places I've only dreamed of for the last few years 8-) . Still we can have some fun "joining the dots" :D .

D.

Archived