I have changed my van from my Dethleffs to

Becky

an Auto Sleeper Ascot, the little one on the Transit base. It is new (just 224 miles, but pre-registered so saved a fortune) and I hope to pick it up from Marquis Hampshire next Thursday.

So, any thing I should look out for?

Any tips, any advice?

I have driven it and found that it doesn't rattle (yet), it zooms up hills without any trouble, and seems to fulfill my needs, i.e I think I can park it in normal cp's, and drive down narrow roads like those in the Lakedistrict and Dartmoor.

But, I am having to leave behind my Efoy 1600 fuel cell. Which is very sad. However I plan to use a solar panel.

So, everyone, have you got any advice on solar panel choice for backing up the batteries after use from TV, laptop and lights when entertaing?

I thought about an 80 watt at least, but is it better to have it roof mounted or free standing?

Hi Becky

Why are you leaving your Efoy in your old van? There's not reason at all why you couldn't have moved it to your new van. If they are insisting you leave it as part of the deal, then see how much they are actually allowing you for it in the PX price which I suspect will be very little indeed, in which case I'd get it switched to your new van.

Hi bought a new A/S Windsor from the same dealer, Paul their workshop manager recommended an 85w panel. I had the panel fitted as part of the deal and that reflected the price that I paid. It is the best extra that I have ever purchased, NO problems with flat batteries, in use/storeage even with alarms etc. I also had a Battery Master unit fitted which passes surplus electricity to the engine battery once the accomodation battery is full.

Just talk with Paul he is a very helpfull guy.

If you want a chat send me a PM.

Good Luck Mike

If the Efoy is changed, there will be holes left. And I need the new one by next week which they said was impossible and it would have been if the Efoy was changed.

I think I can get by just as well with an appropriately sized solar panel, which I didn't have originally because I thought I wouldn't use the van in the winter and would cover it with a winter cover.

But I was wrong and the winter cover never came out of its bag.

Becky - 2009-06-07 6:34 PM If the Efoy is changed, there will be holes left.

But surely they can be covered over or plugged or blended in with the decor, any half decent fitter could do this IMO personally if I'd laid out for an Efoy I would want to keep it, they are a wonderful things and quite a sizeable investment (for me anyway) I will be having a solar panel on my new 'van but would dearly love an Efoy for the winter time.

The holes that are left are one for the exhaust, very small (large rubber bung will take care of that) and for the cooling which probably already has a slatted cover (supplied with the Efoy) Take a look at the prices now because of the exchange rate. I'm sure when the MH is resold it will be missing the Efoy. This weekend with the Tv & Pace box Alde heating etc, the solar panel did nothing to replenish our batteries and with it being so wet we watched more tv than usual The Efoy saved the day.

Hi, I have taken your combined advice and asked Marquis to just remove my Efoy and I will endeavour to fit it myself.

After all, as somebody said, it only needs a few holes cut, and as I was a dentist before I retired, holes was my business. So to speak. :->

Becky - 2009-06-08 2:13 PM

Hi, I have taken your combined advice and asked Marquis to just remove my Efoy and I will endeavour to fit it myself.

After all, as somebody said, it only needs a few holes cut, and as I was a dentist before I retired, holes was my business. So to speak. :->

Go girl!!! At last, another female who likes to play with power tools!!!! :D

Archived