PEUGEOT BOXER 320 MWB Elddis

europe2009

I'm looking for information regarding 1998 PEUGEOT BOXER 320 MWB Elddis.

Does anyone have any experience of this model?

Please tell all good and bad.

I also haven't been able to find measurements for this model, length or width?

https://live.staticflickr.com/3265/3365722522_db10cb5710_b.jpg

Hello there. I havee the eldiss Autocirrus which is probably no use to you at all but if you can get onto the above link it is the vehicle you require used as a medical van! I am quite sure if you contact the people on the number given they will be able to give you some help on measurements and even if you ask nicely possibly photocopy information. Let us know if you are successful. Regards, Joy

Guest Tracker
europe2009 - 2009-06-22 12:49 PM

1998 PEUGEOT BOXER 320 MWB Elddis.

320 mwb is the Peugeot designation and specifies the chassis length as being 'Medium Wheel Base'.

There are several engines available, one petrol and two or three diesel, tell us which one and advice might well follow.

Eldis are the converters and they will have given their creation it's own name.

If you can tell us the Eldis name anyone with experience will then be able to comment.

In general this model Peugeot Boxer (aka Citroen Relay or Fiat Ducato) is a well sorted and generally reliable and dependable base van with few serious vices or foibles.

That said a 1998 van is 11 years old and it's reliability will depend on the volume and frequency of TLC lavished - or not - upon it.

Low mileage is not always a good thing. These are designed as a workhorse and need to be used to prevent deterioration by the ravages of time and climate.

Ask me another?

Guest Tracker
ROON - 2009-06-22 9:26 PM

Smarty pants :-)

Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT - one only gets the right answers when one asks the right questions!

Guest Tracker
europe2009 - 2009-06-24 8:43 AM

The seller is a car dealer.

And who can trust their opinions?

Depends on the integrity of the dealer - what do you know about this one - do some research - talk to trading standards?

Not all dealers are bad and at least you have redress through the law if it all goes bad which is more than you do for a private sale.

Many motorhome dealers began as car dealers and found that they could make more money with motorhomes and deal, generally, with nicer people (that's what they tell you anyway!) - so they switched. Nothing wrong with diversification!

You pays yer money and takes yer choice!

I'll say it again - caveat emptor!

I meant that they haven't used this motorhome for travelling.

Getting people's experiences was my original point.

And obviously some car dealer doesn't have them.

It has nothing to do with their honesty.

I know this dealership. Google S and R motors and you'll see they only have this one motorhome for sale. I believe it ended up there as a p/x.

Guest Tracker

I have never had one of these vans but I believe they were an 'entry level' model and built down to a price.

There is nowt wrong with that as there are plenty around still going very strong - but there were several different layouts.

When buying a van of that age condition is king. It's not hard to have a good poke around inside and out and common sense and observation will tell of any signs of damage, water ingress, abuse and/or neglect. If you have doubts why not take along a friend to bolster your confidence. Maybe the garage will allow you to contact the previous owner for a chat?

If you want specific info you need to ask specific questions. What model, layout and designation does it have for a start? This will tell any owners past and present what it is and you may well get a reply detailing their own experiences.

At the end of the day it is your own judgement that is needed and whilst other people's views can help it is your money and your decision so do some research before writing that cheque.

I can say that if I were looking for a first time van I would not discount Elldis and the Peugeot Boxer is a pretty good base van too.

There are other motorhome dealers in the Swindon area - why not visit them and see what they offer and compare? Google 'motorhome for sale Swindon' or something similar.

We have just recently px our beloved 1998 Eldis Autostratus CK Peugeot Boxer, we bought it 4 years ago, from a car dealer!! It had low mileage on it, and the cooker had never been used!! We had lots of fun in the van, it flew through it's MOT's and the garage (where we took it for it's MOT's)actually said to us the underneath was in superb condition. This van didn't have turbo, but it drove fine, although a bit slower up hills.

The garage we bought it from sorted out any issues we thought when we bought it, i.e. few window catches needed replacing and the fiamma awning also needed replacing. They fitted a new cam belt, and gave us 12 months warranty. Which we did use as the starter motor did go in the first 12 months. Other than that we never had a problems and we tended to go away most weekends in it.

Archived