Site in France

ts3man

I am looking for a campsite in France, for a holiday in May. It needs to be if possible

1, Direct access to a beach

2. With mobile homes or similar to rent

3. As far South as possible, for weather reasons

4. Obviously, pitches for the motorhome.

I would appreciate any advise, we would prefer a site suitable for our family including 5 year old, but not too noisy or busy. Idea is to rent them a mobile home & park up on the same site for a week. Any ideas welcome. B-)

Leucate Plage near Narbonne has homes for rent (or at least they used to have). It's a municipal site very close to the beach, within walking distance to village with shops, restaurants. There is also an Aire, practically on the beach also run by the council. Used to cost about 6euro per night which allowed use of the showers etc. The campsite itself is very reasonably priced. There's also a privately run site next door, practically on the beach called Sun, Sea and Sand (I think).I'm sure if you google the names it will direct you to the sites. Also at Parentis en Born, there are a couple of sites there but that is not as far south.

ike

ts3man - 2009-12-06 4:22 PM

I am looking for a campsite in France, for a holiday in May. It needs to be if possible

1, Direct access to a beach

2. With mobile homes or similar to rent

3. As far South as possible, for weather reasons

4. Obviously, pitches for the motorhome.

I would appreciate any advise, we would prefer a site suitable for our family including 5 year old, but not too noisy or busy. Idea is to rent them a mobile home & park up on the same site for a week. Any ideas welcome. B-)

I have a few reviews on my website www.caravantravels.co.uk of campsites directly on the Med if it helps.

David

Hi

La reserve Biscarosse -

http://www.siblu.com/france/aquitaine/la_reserve.php

The beach is on a lake - but a massive lake with big "ships"

we went with a caravan when children came with us - geart for windsurfing.

We have also been in our motorhome about 5 years ago.

the sea is 40 minutes drive from memory but west coast of france can be dangerous - maggie had to be resued by a handsome french surfer!

we have ben end may when weather was fine and swimming pools just opening.

Peter

Hi take a look at Prairies de la Mer (www.riviera-villages.com).

We stayed there a couple of years ago with the motorhome in late May early June and were very impressed with the site and area. It is ideal for what you describe. It has close proximity to the beach, good motorhome pitches and a large variety of chalet style accommodation for a family.

The camp takes ACSI cards in May/June and you stay for approx 15 euros a night with the motorhome. The site overlooks St Tropez bay and St Tropez is about 5 miles by road. Next door to the site in walking distance is Port Grimaud better known as Little Venice. In May it will not be too busy but plenty going off and hopefuuly good weather.

Hope this helps,have fun looking.

Jenko

Serignan near Beziers in LAnguedoc has lots of camp sites almost on the beach, but also has mosquitos, the beach is safe, but odd currents make the sea not as warm as we'd all like.

Torreilles Plage has a variety of campsites, one of them even has individual bathroom cabins on each pitch, both mobiles and touring.

Leucate Plage is my very favourite beach in france, but we've not been to the municipal camp site.

Hi I worked as a rep at a camp in mid west France for www.letsgo2france.co.uk and on that site there was spaces for motorhomes and caravans with hook up also if you book with them in the three berth chalet you may be able to park by the chalet I dont know but you can ask if not there will be plenty of piches at that time of the year and it will be very reasonable or you can park the van in La Sables on an Aire.

the site is called La dunes in La Sables D`olonne it has a locked gate (you get a key) that leads out on to a beach with lovely walks the area is great for cycling and is mostly flat La Sables is a lovely town with a lovely fine sandy beach also there are many places up and down the coast to visit whilst there if you want quite you will get it there as most things do not start up until the beginning of June

Mike.

Have a look at this site - www.royalcamping.net/ I can recommend it, having used it a number of times. The site, between Canne and St. Rapael, is right on the beach in a very attractive cove, good safe swimming for chidren. There is a beachside bar/restaurant and just up the road , 300m, is an excellent , reasonably priced restaurant. There are trains and buses handy to reach other places along the coast. The dedicated area for motorcaraans is seperated from the beach by just a fence. There are walks along the coast - one of the few unspoilt area in this part of the world. The mobile homes are good for a family. I looked over them with a view to my daughter's family using one. There are boat trips from Agay.

Hi, For the last 9 years we have used Camping Champs Blancs at Agde.

It is a camping Cheque site and has been doing 14 night for 11 cheques since we have been using it. It is familly run, and swimming pool complex caters for kiddies up to very mature kiddies ( the grey hair type.)

Hypermarket within 800 mtrs and beach is approx 2 kms. individual wash cabins on a lot of pitches, and a number of mobile homes for hire as well

I dont recommend it in peak season unless you like the crowds, but may to end june is ok, Many uk regulars there, and is popular with Dutch as well.

try Google it for more info.

tonyg3nwl

KeithR - 2009-12-08 8:08 PM

couple of sites at port grimaud, motorhome pitches on the beach, and at least one site also has statics. dont know the name im afraid, oull need to google the area, unless there is someone out there who knows??

I think you are referring to Camping Les Prairies de la Mer. I agree with the post about that site made earlier on this thread. We were there at the beginning of May 2009. Even over the May Day European holiday there was plenty of room.

Many of the well known European self-catering static caravan holiday companies use accomadation here. There are also some very swish looking new log cabins.

However, to the original postee do check out when the European Harley Davidson meet does take place at the site. It was the week after we were there last year.

One final point, this site does not have motorhome/caravan pitches on the beach. The next two sites along (going away from Port Grimaud ) do. I seem to remember someone on one of those sites telling me those pitches were almost 40 euros a night. We preferred 15 euros and a two minute walk to the beach.

would also recomend Les prairies de la mer.PORT GRIMAUD. Has statics and plenty of camping spaces, lots going on, nice short walk to Port Grimaud, and bus or boat trips to St tropez, May need to book in advance, as gets crowded in Half term holidays, with Brits. In ACSI book and i think the caravan club europe book. www.prairies@rivera-villages.com

PJay

mel wood - 2009-12-09 10:43 PM

KeithR - 2009-12-08 8:08 PM

One final point, this site does not have motorhome/caravan pitches on the beach. The next two sites along (going away from Port Grimaud ) do. I seem to remember someone on one of those sites telling me those pitches were almost 40 euros a night. We preferred 15 euros and a two minute walk to the beach.

The site next door, with the pitches on the beach, is called Camping de la Plage and the one further along is called Camping Les Mures. Unless its changed Camping de la Plage was unusual that it was only a touring site although it does have some apartments in an old farm building at the back of the site.

David

check out when the European Harley Davidson meet does take place at the site. It was the week after we were there last year. One final point, this site does not have motorhome/caravan pitches on the beach. The next two sites along (going away from Port Grimaud ) do. I seem to remember someone on one of those sites telling me those pitches were almost 40 euros a night. We preferred 15 euros and a two minute walk to the beach.

We were there this year at the same time as the Harley Meet it added a bit more to look at " if you like Harleys " the reception pre warned us it could be noisey but really it was a good event an added bonus as the Harley followers had to pay 50 euro's each to attend but as campers we were there for free as said before its a nice area to camp port grimoud is really nice they call it little venice

Archived