Why Oh Why

michele

OHG!!! I do hope the bankers draft is genuine ... there are some out there that are not and you don't need that sort of hassle!!!! 8-)

On second thoughts, I suppose you could send hubby round with some of his 'colleagues' to the chap's home if the bankers draft bounces ... >:-)

michele - 2010-09-02 4:48 PM

Dont people put the make model and type of their vehicle in the box under their name .

What purpose does it serve?

I suppose some folk get a kick out of openly displaying they have bigger, better, or more expensive, but if anyone has a question to raise on the board which concerns their motorhome, then surely they would mention what it is in relation to in the post.

Guest Tracker

Yeah quite agree - why make it easy for anyone to offer model specific help - or maybe seek help if they see that you have a van similar to their own?

I get a real kick out of my van getting older and falling in value - and from how pleased I am not to have a bigger more expensive (but not neccessarily better) van falling in value like it's gone out of fashion!

Tracker - 2010-09-07 5:56 PM

Yeah quite agree - why make it easy for anyone to offer model specific help - or maybe seek help if they see that you have a van similar to their own?

I get a real kick out of my van getting older and falling in value - and from how pleased I am not to have a bigger more expensive (but not neccessarily better) van falling in value like it's gone out of fashion!

Classic Rich love it !!!

Bulletguy - 2010-09-07 2:23 PM

michele - 2010-09-02 4:48 PM

Dont people put the make model and type of their vehicle in the box under their name .

What purpose does it serve?

I suppose some folk get a kick out of openly displaying they have bigger, better, or more expensive, but if anyone has a question to raise on the board which concerns their motorhome, then surely they would mention what it is in relation to in the post.

You'd think so wouldn't you .... but it just doesn't happen a lot of the time!

As for having a bigger, better, or more expensive motorhome .... I've just downsized so it's smaller and a lower spec models than we had before, and one of the cheaper ones of its type out there so I ain't bragging - but for us it is 'better suited' to our needs!

It just happens to be my van and by putting the details on it lets others know what I have so if someone wants to contact me directly via PM about it, eg if they are thinking of getting one, or have a problem/query about theirs, they can do without having to resort to starting a thread and hoping those of us who have that van see it.

If you don't want to say what you have, that's up to you, but at least by showing it, I can, and have, helped others in the past with the same or similar models, to get answers to queries quickly. It also means that other forum members know what I have and can inform others to contact me too for help if needs be.

Before we got our current van, people showing what vehicle they had helped as I could see those who owned the same or similar models and was able to contact them directly and ask questions before we went ahead.

• 1 year later...

Still sold !!!! and just to prove a point to some Derek will answer if its a sensible question .

Now before I open my big mouth any futher lets hope this is in Chatter I cannot exactly tell as I am going through the search option and it does not seem to be telling me which forum I have originally posted in .

Either way Its a relevant question that can be posted on M/H to people .

Archived