waste water tank smells

topfitter1

Hi ya Ken always found a drop of bleach did the trick..dump as much of the waste as you can then drop some bleach down ALL the plugholes and run some water down the plug holes..Drive the van round for a while to slosh it all round then dump it afterwards replace all the plugs in the plugholes that seems to help too

Also one we tried was ORANGE SQUASH the dilute yourself variety... Tesco's own brand worked a treat..Honest!! don't know why but it did the trick..a goodly slug of it down the plugholes give it a try!!!

Question - You wouldn't fit a sink or washbasin in your house without a 'U' bend so why not in a MH?

Our AT had a 'token gesture' of a small drop in the pipe around a piece of curved aluminium but after driving for a few minutes this got emptied of water and was useless.

I've now fitted the 'in-line' traps from CAK Tanks to the sink and washbasin and we haven't had either drain smell since.

They might have cost £8 each (with hose adaptors) but they are a 'fit and forget' solution.

Keith.

It may not be your waste tank. Our Hymer has u-bends in the plumbing. When the vehicle is not used for a while, the stagnant waste in these causes the smell. We put in the plugs and the smell goes. When we next use the van, the water washes through the u-bends and the smell disappears.

You need to look at the design of your waste tank. Are there any areas where stagnant water or waste can lurk? I find leaving a bit of waste water in when driving around is enough to slosh around and clean the tank. My waste tank drains perfectly on a flat service but not on a slope.

Finally check how your waste water enters the tank. Mine goes through the pipes and onto what looks like a sloping draining board within the tank and then into the depths of the tank. Occasionally waste can collect on this 'draining board'.

The good news for you is that whatever the cause, there will be a fix for it!

Archived