Testing of LPG System

StewartJ

Keithl - 2010-09-27 1:13 PM

Hi Stewart,

If you fit a Gaslow gauge then you can do your own leak test every time you turn your cylinders off. Full instructions are in the pdf download on this page.

I'm planning on buying one at the NEC show in a couple of weeks time.

Keith.

A alternative fitting to the Gaslow 'on-bottle' propane adapter gauge can be obtained from BES Mail Order. See the "Multi-Purpose Safety Fitting" product on:

http://www.bes.co.uk/products/063.asp

Besides providing a leak-testing facility, this fitting includes an excess-flow valve.

Or, if you have the Truma Secumotion (or Drivesafe) system installed with auto changeover between two cylinders, if you fully charge the system and then isolate at both cylinders, leaving all appliances off, but all internal gas supply valves on, the changeover indicator will turn red when the system pressure drops to near zero, simulating an empty cylinder.  Takes several days on ours, indicating negligible leakage on both high, and low, pressure joints.

I thank all for your input, I only ask after discovering my new MH was actually built at beginning of year so gas certificate expires in a couple of months, I'd of thought the dealer should have picked this up and carried out a test prior to handover.

ATB

Archived