Auto trail on Mercedes 2.7

Corky 8

Hello "O"Knowledgeable ones,  I require first hand information on firstly the Mercedes side of the above mentioned Outfits , consumption figures achieved, service intervals and approx service costs, any down sides to owning a Merc, and the habitation side of Auto trial Motorhomes,which in your opinion,  is the best  2 berth Unit, and why thats is, Thank you in advance for any input you can offer , Dennis

Our daughter has a Kentucky Camp (Reimo) on this base and gets around 27 MPG 3.5 tone.

Previously we had an Autotrail Scout on the previous 2.9 and got 26 MPG

We now have a Concorde on the same base and get 18 MPG but we are 6.4 tonnes and 8.5 metres long and a tad high..

A lot depends on your right foot.

C.

Clive - 2010-10-02 2:18 PM Our daughter has a Kentucky Camp (Reimo) on this base and gets around 27 MPG 3.5 tone. Previously we had an Autotrail Scout on the previous 2.9 and got 26 MPG We now have a Concorde on the same base and get 18 MPG but we are 6.4 tonnes and 8.5 metres long and a tad high.. A lot depends on your right foot. C.

Thanks Clive, If I can achieve those figure of 26 / 27 mpg, I would be happy, its looking good fuel wise, (I take it your never fully loaded ,I,ll rephrase that I take it your Motorhome is never fully loaded.) thanks again Dennis

Corky 8 - 2010-10-02 12:44 PM

Hello "O"Knowledgeable ones,  I require first hand information on firstly the Mercedes side of the above mentioned Outfits , consumption figures achieved, service intervals and approx service costs, any down sides to owning a Merc, and the habitation side of Auto trial Motorhomes,which in your opinion,  is the best  2 berth Unit, and why thats is, Thank you in advance for any input you can offer , Dennis

Hi Corky,

Our AT is on the smaller 2.2 litre Merc chassis which is 130 HP versus the 160 of the 2.7 and we find it really good. Ours is plated to 3,800 kg and I guess we tend to run around 3,500 kg as there is now only the 2 of us in a 6 berth. I estimate consumption at around 26 or 27 mpg but don't check it religiously as we just fill it up when it needs it.

As for the AT side of things then it is absolutely fantastic!

We've got a Cheyenne 632 Hi-Line, very similar to this one on eBay at the moment, except this is a Lo-Line (only 4 berth).

It is very well made and has all mod cons working off Gas and more importantly 230 volts for sites with EHU.

I would buy another AT without question except for the fact they don't make them on Merc's any longer!

Any more questions then just PM me.

Keith.

Hi Corky

I have a A/T on a Merc and love both. Mine is on the 2.2 thou and I can’t report any draw backs with the A/T – Merc combination.

Service cost are about £210 mk2 or £240 mk3 + vat for full service at MB so probably cheaper than Fiat from what I have read on this forum.

So if you can find one I would go for it.

Cheers

Dawki

Corky 8 - 2010-10-02 12:44 PM

Hi Corky, I have a CI Cipro (6.5 mtr) on this chassis with the Sprintshift gearbox. It drives like a dream and having been an Automotive Engineer in a past life, I always like to check my MPG so I keep all my fuel receipts with mileage recorded on them as verification. Depending on how I am driving at any particular time I can achieve between 23 and 29 MPG. As far as possible I keep the fresh water tank at a third full when travelling but otherwise I am fully loaded including two bikes. Sensible driving and maintaining a steady cruising speed around 55/65 mph when possible seem to work for me. Servicing costs depend on where you live and the hourly charge rate of the dealer, I use an independent dealer where I know and trust the staff. Hope this helps, B-)

Archived