OMC Motorhomes.

Gee780

Hi All

Finally, we are looking to make the leap into buying a motorhome, my question is has anyone used OMC Motorhomes, are they any good?

The reason I ask is: I have used there site "contact Us" form (3 times now) just to ask general qustions re finance and conditon etc. But they dont seem to be bothered to give a reply. Is this a sign of there level of service.

Cheers

8-)

Hi Graham & welcome to the forum.

I don't think you will find (m)any dealers discussing finance terms via e-mail. It's too speculative a question, especially when they will not know the source.

Also they may be able to offer different deals on different Motorhomes.

If looking at OMC, there are a number of Dealers in the same area:-

Camper UK (Lincoln) Lowdham, David Fuller (both at Gunthorpe)

Oak Tree (Sutton-in-Ashfield) EdgeHill Motorhomes (Mansfield) Brownhills (Newark) Lincs Motor Homes (South Reston Louth) Danum Leisure (Doncaster)

flicka - 2010-10-05 9:54 PM

Hi Graham & welcome to the forum.

I don't think you will find (m)any dealers discussing finance terms via e-mail. It's too speculative a question, especially when they will not know the source.

Also they may be able to offer different deals on different Motorhomes.

If looking at OMC, there are a number of Dealers in the same area:-

Camper UK (Lincoln) Lowdham, David Fuller (both at Gunthorpe)

Oak Tree (Sutton-in-Ashfield) EdgeHill Motorhomes (Mansfield) Brownhills (Newark) Lincs Motor Homes (South Reston Louth) Danum Leisure (Doncaster)

I think you will find that Camper U/K are agents for LMC and not OMC Flicka. *-)

Hi

True they will not discuss terms, but on there web site it states "We can offer finance over 10years and from £99 deposit. give us a call or send us an email to enquire how much a vehicle might cost.

You might be surprised!"

just trying to get an idea of costs before i start on the long trail of haggling!

cheers

Hi Grahame,

You may find that you are far better off by arranging a personal loan through a local bank or building society and then negotiating a substantial discount with the dealer for a 'cash sale'.

Try using one of the comparison websites to see what the best personal loan rates are before you go to the dealers and then you'll know exactly where you stand.

Good luck with your hunting and remember, don't ever take anything a dealer says at face value, after all they're only in it to make money!

Keith.

Gee780 - 2010-10-05 9:13 PM

Hi All

Finally, we are looking to make the leap into buying a motorhome, my question is has anyone used OMC Motorhomes, are they any good?

The reason I ask is: I have used there site "contact Us" form (3 times now) just to ask general qustions re finance and conditon etc. But they dont seem to be bothered to give a reply. Is this a sign of there level of service.

Cheers

8-)

I'm afraid it's a sign of the times - many companies with websites simply don't seem to check or respond to e-mails. Some seem to just use their website as a shop window but even then, they are often out of date with vehicles that have long since been sold. It may be quicker to ring to just check some of the things you wish to speak to them about and this may even throw light on whether they stil have the vehicle you are interested in.

David

flicka - 2010-10-05 10:00 PM

OMC as in Dealer, Peter

& it's not yet past 10pm *-)

Agreed Flicka. I had a hard day Yesterday. :D

Archived