Problems with the oven.

Hopesy

Hi sorry about the other post i hit the enter button while my brain was in neutral. WE've had our Elddis Sunseeker115 for nearly 3 years, since new the oven has had a minor problem. The gas seems to flare and sometimes go out, we've had it checked over and it gets a cean bill of health. All other gas appliances are fine. I thought I'd found the problem making sure all the doors were shut but it still seems to flicker and flare, any suggestions?

We had this problem with our 115 the flame seemed to " dance " and sometimes went out we found that we had to leave the door open until the oven heated up and also leave the bottom door under the oven open where we kept the pans  whilst the oven was being used making sure not to tread on it , another motorhomer who used to be a gas fitter and owned a 120 used to put a cloth in the bottom compartment to reduce the draft to stop his flame from " dancing " we have not expierenced this problem with our other 2 motorhomes.  give it a try and I hope it helps..

Thanks for the tip, especially the door under the oven, we'll certainly try that. I does seem to be draught problem! I thought i'd cured it when i noticed that it was worse the main door open, but no, it was bad last weekend too as Homer would say DOH!!

I'd put my money on it being a faulty regulator as well!

Here are my suggestions to fault find the problem...

Can you listen to or 'feel' the regulator while it is stuttering to see if it is sticking?

Alternatively do you have a spare regulator or could you 'borrow' one to try?

Failing that how about feeding a gas supply from an 'on bottle' regulator to eliminate the bulkhead regulator from the equation, possibly through an external BBQ point if you have one (but only for the purpose of investigation)?

HTH.

Keith.

Archived