Pillow Talk

david lloyd

Hi everyone

A couple of years ago we bought two interior sprung pillows at the York show from a company who regularly attended the outdoor shows but which we have not seen in recent times.

I believe they were called (rather cleverly) The Pillow Company but can't be sure. Anyone remember them and know of their whereabouts? At any outdoor show you would always see loads of people wandering about clutching said pillows so they must have been quite popular. We have always liked them and would like to buy a couple more.

David

Hi David,

I remember them well, we bought 'Han Pocket Sprung Pillows' from them at several shows and they are still the best pillows we have ever bought.

Unfortunately they no longer seem to be trading as I tried to find their address to answer another post recently.

They were indeed called 'The Pillow Centre' and were based in Rhyl if you want to try and search yourself.

I posted links of possible alternative pillows on the other recent thread on here so it might be worth searching for that.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Keith.

Edit. Here's a Link to my earlier reply.

OK, I looked on the pillow as Flicka suggested and found a postcode.

This transpired to be the address of John Cotton Mirfield Ltd.

Further Googling led me to this post on another forum.

It would appear from this that the pocket sprung pillow sold by Argos is indeed manufactured by the same people as those originally sold by the Pillow Centre Rhyl.

Keith.

I daren't mention buying pillows!  Must have spent a small fortune on them over the past year or so; have tried:  feather and down, various brands of microfibre, shaped memory foam, conventional shape memory foam, et al.

I have osteoarthritis in the cerebral vertibrae and get dreadful neck pain. 

At the moment I've got a loft full of pillows, my OH has a thin wallet, and ................. I still get neck pain.

Madmaggott - 2010-10-26 4:44 PMI daren't mention buying pillows!  Must have spent a small fortune on them over the past year or so; have tried:  feather and down, various brands of microfibre, shaped memory foam, conventional shape memory foam, et al.

I have osteoarthritis in the cerebral vertibrae and get dreadful neck pain. 

At the moment I've got a loft full of pillows, my OH has a thin wallet, and ................. I still get neck pain.

You have done it now Madmaggott, got me started about me aches and pains. :'( As someone with a similar problem, I find that by using 3 pillows and supporting the shoulders and upper body with the top one, I am more comfortable. If you like, I make a gentle ramp with the pillows. I will leave the rest of my aches and pains for another time. Did I hear lots of sighs of relief just then? :-S

• 5 months later...

I am a new member and this thread interested me. I have very bad neck and back problems and have been using this pillow for about 14 years after buying one at Gardeners World. It is much better than all the others and I've tried them all. It is still available from the same people and is especially made to maintain the correct firmness we need and is no longer made by John Cotton.

Try 01745 351010 on Mondays or Tuesdays I have just used it to order two replacements for my much travelled ones.

I am dreading the day they are no longer available.

Guest 1footinthegrave
Similar story from us, feather, synthetic, dunlopillo, memory foam, expensive ones, cheap as chips ones, shaped ones, Lavender essence ones. Then we bought a 2 inch memory foam topper for the "bed" which helped enormously, still get some neck pain, but not as bad, so trying our pillow collection all over again in conjunction with the topper. :-S

Madmaggot, 747 and LesB:

I get the neck pain sometimes too, but it's nothing to do with what pillow you use. Haven't you noticed how much worse it is when you've drunk more in the evening? So it comes down to "Is it worth it?"

A clue: this is written in the present tense, not the past! :D

Keithl - 2010-10-25 9:27 PM

It would appear from this that the pocket sprung pillow sold by Argos is indeed manufactured by the same people as those originally sold by the Pillow Centre Rhyl.

Keith.

The link did'nt work. I even looked up part number 0326117 and all I got was a tin shed!

There are 214 pillows in Argos; any chance of quoting the catalogue reference number? Desperate for a decent pillow. Thanks.

Tony Jones - 2011-03-29 6:23 PM

Madmaggot, 747 and LesB:

I get the neck pain sometimes too, but it's nothing to do with what pillow you use. Haven't you noticed how much worse it is when you've drunk more in the evening? So it comes down to "Is it worth it?"

A clue: this is written in the present tense, not the past! :D

Hi Tony,

I read that drinking is bad for you.

So I have stopped reading. :D

Mike88 - 2011-03-29 7:28 PM

Keithl - 2010-10-25 9:27 PM

Keith.

The link did'nt work. I even looked up part number 0326117 and all I got was a tin shed!

There are 214 pillows in Argos; any chance of quoting the catalogue reference number? Desperate for a decent pillow. Thanks.

This is the missing link

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=703124

Unfortunately I can't see the Pillows on the current Argos website.

Archived