Electricity supply

t5tripper

Hello there, when we go to site obviously we use a cable to plug our van into the supply - simples as the Mearkat says. We are going to stay at my Auntie's house during the winter for a few nights and I wondered if there was something I could buy so that I could plug in to her electric? I will contribute to her bill obviously.

We have on board diesel heating, I am unsure if the above is possible which would be the most cost effective to use? Electric or diesel. I appreciate it's a bit vague but any advice would be gratefully received.

*-)

Hi. I am parked up in my brother,s place for 2 weeks whilst back in t

I also have diesel heating for water and heating the Van, but I am connected to his hook up, as there is unsufficient sunlight to keep the batteries toped up via my Solar panel.

As mentioned previously, just get an adaptor from a caravan shop,and you should have no problems.

Hi. I am parked up in my brother,s place for 2 weeks whilst back in the UK

I also have diesel heating for water and heating the Van, but I am connected to his hook up, as there is unsufficient sunlight to keep the batteries toped up via my Solar panel.

As mentioned previously, just get an adaptor from a caravan shop,and you should have no problems.

Karen,

If you are going to use Electric then use a fan heater in the van.

We have diesel heating which heats the van better than a fan heater, it seems silly having electric and using diesel heater but its swings and roundabouts.

We were on a site a couple of weekends ago which had metered electric £5 card lasted us four nights that was using fan heater, fridge and charging battery, Others that were with us used about the same and that was with extra lighting in a party tent.

Just shows how we all get ripped off by sites chargeing £3-£4 a night for electric.

flicka - 2010-11-02 7:25 PM

We have one of these fitted at home, with an Isolator in the House.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/GW240slash16slash3S.html?utm_source=shopping.com

Saves trailing the lead through an open window.

Now that's what I call class Flicka.

Don't need one myself though, as the gap at the bottom of our garage door is nearly big enough to limbo through!

Keithl - 2010-11-04 5:58 PM

flicka - 2010-11-02 7:25 PM

We have one of these fitted at home, with an Isolator in the House.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/GW240slash16slash3S.html?utm_source=shopping.com

Saves trailing the lead through an open window.

And I hope you charge yourself £3.50 a night for plugging in to it :D

Great idea Keith, then all the money paid in can be spend on more nights away :D :D

Archived